Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
This topic is about Killman Creek
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Killman Creek [February 2018]

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3530 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 25th February.

Tammie | 3984 comments I'll be starting this later today.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn it! I never got to reread first one and read second one. Sigh!

Tammie | 3984 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn it! I never got to reread first one and read second one. Sigh!"

Sorry Melissa! This is the second one. The third one is being released on April 23, but it's available as a read now on Netgalley so I already have it. You are welcome to join us late. I think Charlie is buddy reading it with me, but I'm not sure when she will be getting to it either. I can even wait a couple of days if you want. I've got lots of other things I can read.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Holy crow!! I thought this was the third one!!! I think I have this one, either way it’s on kindle unlimited or should be. I’m afraid if I try it that I won’t remember the first. Well, I will just see if I can. I neeed to finish a book and start back on a big buddy read I’m reading with the group.

I shall return 😊

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments It's me buddy reading it! I can start whenever you're ready. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Siobhan wrote: "It's me buddy reading it! I can start whenever you're ready. :)"

Well hey there friend 😃

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Hey!! :)

I can't remember how the first one ended either, so going to read a recap if I can find one. Hopefully there'll be some kind of recapping at the start of this book anyway.

And thanks for the Netgalley tip, Tammie! Just grabbed book 3.

Tammie | 3984 comments Siobhan wrote: "It's me buddy reading it! I can start whenever you're ready. :)"

Oh sorry Siobhan! I've got so many buddy reads this year it's hard to keep everything straight.

message 11: by Siobhan (last edited Feb 25, 2019 10:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Don't worry at all! Charlie and I are basically the same person anyway 😂 she's my IRL bestie!

Yay thanks for the recap!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Wow, I had forgotten loads of that from book 1! 😅

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Jhdfjgcjgcjjv Sigh. I might try to jump in with you guys. I have soooo many right now. I’m stressing 😫

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Don't worry if you can't lovely, not worth the stress of forcing yourself to fit it in! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments But I love my friends and want to read with them 😫 Me and Tammie just finished one and have more coming up but still. Okay, if I shut up I might can squeeze it in 😳

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Haha XD I could totally fit more in if I wasn't on GR so much. But like you said, reading with friends is the best! :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I made a start. Through chapter 2 - (view spoiler)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Siobhan wrote: "Haha XD I could totally fit more in if I wasn't on GR so much. But like you said, reading with friends is the best! :)"

Same 😃

message 19: by Tammie (last edited Feb 25, 2019 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tammie | 3984 comments Don't worry about fitting it in if you can't. And if you end up reading it late you can still post your thoughts and opinions here and we will read them and respond to them! Did you see the recap I found of Stillhouse Lake?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I saw it but didn’t click on it yet. I’m working on one of my books right now. I’m trying not to get too stressed but I can’t help it. I want to read all of the buddy reads 😫. And my cancer checkup is Wed so my nerves are shot even more 😕

Tammie | 3984 comments Siobhan wrote: "Wow, I had forgotten loads of that from book 1! 😅"

I had forgotten a lot of it too!

Tammie | 3984 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I saw it but didn’t click on it yet. I’m working on one of my books right now. I’m trying not to get too stressed but I can’t help it. I want to read all of the buddy reads 😫. And my cancer checkup..."

I'll be praying everything goes well for you at your check up.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments Thank you 🙏🏻

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I hope all is well at your check up, Melissa ❤️

Tammie | 3984 comments Siobhan wrote: "I made a start. Through chapter 2 - [spoilers removed]"

I agree about Lanny and everything else you said.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments 😫 I want to start reading this!! I can’t. Oh and my appt is moved to March with 3 other appts!!! I can’t!!

Tammie | 3984 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "😫 I want to start reading this!! I can’t. Oh and my appt is moved to March with 3 other appts!!! I can’t!!"

You'll get to it Melissa! How are you doing today?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m depressed! But I’m reading on one of my other buddy reads and having to clean some. Are you good?

Tammie | 3984 comments I'm so sorry you are depressed. I'm having to clean today too, ugh! I'm doing fine though. What buddy read are you doing?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’m glad you’re good and thank you. 💕

I’m reading The Curse of the Mistwraith (Wars of Light & Shadow, #1; Arc 1, #1) by Janny Wurts The Curse of the Mistwraith with the group. I was hoping to jump in with the Robin Hobb read too. And I’m about to start a Netgalley book.

Tammie | 3984 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments Finished today. I liked it ok but not as much as Stillhouse Lake. I felt like it was implausible at times, but then the more I've thought about it maybe not. (view spoiler) I think this is a good conclusion to the series and I'm not really sure why there is a third book, but I have it and I'm planning on reading it. If either of you want to set up a buddy read date for it let me know.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments I'll try and get through some more of this tonight!

If you don't mind waiting for me I'll definitely buddy read book 3.

Tammie | 3984 comments Siobhan wrote: "I'll try and get through some more of this tonight!

If you don't mind waiting for me I'll definitely buddy read book 3."

I don't mind. Just let me know when.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Tammie wrote: "Chapter 11 [spoilers removed]"

Me too! (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Tammie wrote: "Chapter 13 [spoilers removed]"

Yes! (view spoiler)

Chapter 14 - (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments Some final thoughts, don't read until you're done with the book.
(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Tammie wrote: "Some final thoughts, don't read until you're done with the book.
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I did enjoy this overall! It was nice and twisty. I'm not sure why there's a book 3 either. Especially (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3984 comments When would you like to read book 3? I can pretty much read it any time.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments How about next weekend? That would give me a chance to try and finish the buddy read I was supposed to start yesterday XD

Tammie | 3984 comments Siobhan wrote: "How about next weekend? That would give me a chance to try and finish the buddy read I was supposed to start yesterday XD"

Ok that sounds good to me. I'll set it up for the 9th.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7654 comments Thanks Tammie! :)