Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
This topic is about Etched in Bone
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Etched in Bone [January 2019]

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angela | 3517 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 15th January.

Tammie | 3893 comments I started this a little early.

Tammie | 3893 comments I'm just over halfway through now. So far this book has been good. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3893 comments Is anyone still buddy reading this with me? I can't remember who was going to any more.

message 5: by Tammie (last edited Jan 15, 2019 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3893 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 14916 comments My main problem with this book is that it just feels like an epilogue to the original storyline, rather than on caliber with it... this book was 5 stars, where the rest were 6, if I ever get around to implementing my 6-star-rating shelf...

Timelord Iain | 14916 comments Now you're not just talking to yourself in here :)

Tammie | 3893 comments I agree about this book. I thought Marked in Flesh seemed like a natural ending to to the series. All the author had to do was add in some of the things that were included in this one and it would have been complete .

Tammie | 3893 comments And thank you for jumping in so I'm not talking to myself. 😂

message 10: by Tammie (last edited Jan 15, 2019 05:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3893 comments Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments Hi Tammie, sorry I'm a few days late, I'm only 34 pages in but really enjoying it so far. I'm scared to see what's going to happen in Lakeside. meg has just drawn the prophecy cards and it doesn't look happy!

Tammie | 3893 comments No problem Charlie!

Tammie | 3893 comments I finished a couple of days ago. Overall I thought it was a good end to the series. I did think that there were a lot of mundane things that were written about that dragged a little and weren't really necessary because nothing was really happening to further the plot, like the pot luck dinner. However I did find it enjoyable to read that part anyway and it illustrated just how great Twyla was as a character. I think she became my favorite character in this book.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments I'm 64 pages in now and I like Twyla too. She's not afraid to put her daughter in her place when she knows she's making decisions that could put them all in danger.

I'm hoping we get some more facetime with Meg, Simon and Sam. I realised we've only had about 2 pages of them so far and I miss them!

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments 78 pages in, I'd forgotten how much I love Tess. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3893 comments Charlie wrote: "78 pages in, I'd forgotten how much I love Tess. [spoilers removed]"

Yes I love her too! And I was thinking she thought she was doing them a favor too haha.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments I'm 110 pages in now and I'm worried for the humans. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3893 comments Charlie wrote: "I'm 110 pages in now and I'm worried for the humans. [spoilers removed]"

Yes that was anxiety inducing.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments 120 pages in and Cyrus has just turned up! (view spoiler)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments 153 pages in and Cyrus is predictably making waves. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3893 comments Charlie wrote: "120 pages in and Cyrus has just turned up! [spoilers removed]"

It amazes me how stupid some of the humans are in this series.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments I know, Anne Bishop doesn't have a high opinion of humanity!

message 23: by Charlie (last edited Jan 23, 2019 04:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments 220 pages in. A few books ago Simon would have just ate whoever dared to upset the residents of the courtyard. He needs to eat Cyrus and be done with it. I know (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3893 comments I kept thinking the same thing.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments Page 292. Skippy! I'm so glad they included him in the feast, he's really trying bless him. The human pack really are a great addition to the courtyard, it wouldn't be the same without them.

Tammie | 3893 comments Charlie wrote: "Page 292. Skippy! I'm so glad they included him in the feast, he's really trying bless him. The human pack really are a great addition to the courtyard, it wouldn't be the same without them."

I loved that part! And that just cemented my love for Twyla as well.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments She is amazing, she should join with Tess to rule Lakeside.

Charlie (charlieridley) | 4435 comments Just finished Chapter 20 (view spoiler)