unOrdinary discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

Phoenix~They/Them | 214 comments Mod
((.))

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2018 08:33AM) (new)

arlo walked through the halls smirking as the students fell silent before him

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan | 89 comments ((okay))

Axel walks by Arlo getting shoved a little, ¨Yo dude, watch where you're going.¨ He stares Arlo Down

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

arlo glared at him, eyes glowing and said "watch your mouth and show some respect, got it?"

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan | 89 comments Axel smirks his eyes glowing purple ¨You got a bone to pick.¨ He turns fully and looks at Arlo. ¨A damn Royal trying to act boss in the halls. I hate people like you.¨

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

arlo activtes his ability putting a forcefield around axel and made it shrink until axel was bowing like a servant "watch your mouth" he growled

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

arlo stumbles to the side, releasing the forcefield and swung at emi with enough force to knock her flat

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

arlo created a barrier around her and himself and shrank it down to where she was flat on the ground and said "if anyone else causes problems i will assure you that someone will be getting hurt besides the boy who challenged my authority" he said this last part as the boy punched his sheild

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

arlo made the force field dissipate as he stood over her and said "make sure this doesnt happen again" before disappearing into the crowd as he headed for the cafeteria to get a slice of cake everything else furthered fro his mind

message 10: by Alex (last edited Dec 19, 2018 10:49AM) (new)

Alex Arpayan | 89 comments Axel stops time for a little moving away from the shield going in front Emi picking her up and carries her to the nurse office before going to the cafeteria.

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex Arpayan | 89 comments Axel turns back and smiles ¨no problem, take care. I´ll make him know whos boss.¨

message 12: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) "Hey, turn that crappy music down, you little punk."

Joseph's earbuds were ripped out of his ears, and consequently, he nearly dropped his phone in shock. He carefully paused the music, turning to face his assaulter. Well, this was new. Usually he was the one to instigate these sort of interactions. "Cool hair," he beamed. "You used to look like a boy band guy, but now you look like Vegeta, Phil. It's a super good look for your facial type-" he barely dodged a punch that left a heavy dent in the locker door behind him. "Well, I'm late for class, bye-!"

They both knew it was lunch. Joseph dove into the crowd, who immediately protested Phil's ability, zapping hands, in such close confines. Basically, he could taser the crud out of Joe if he managed to touch him. Luckily for Joe, it was a touch-based ability, so as long as he could skedaddle...

The boy's hand grabbed his hair, and Joe felt his brain frying in his skull. He went stiff, then spasmed, then fell to the floor. "That's what you get, you piece of dung," Phil said, applying a savage, electric kick to the other boy's ribs. "You fudging cripple!" Phil had been written up for language multiple times, so he'd reverted to a more 2nd grade method of cursing to evade another encounter with the office staff. Joe had teased him about it a number of times, but he got the feeling now really wasn't the time to be a smartass.

"C'mon, man," he said, "You keep up like this, neither of us gets cake, and we both walk off with bruises. Your ego, and my poor precious body." He rolled to evade another kick and scrambled to his feet, but Phil wasn't exactly slow. He gripped Joe's collar, rammed him against the school window, and started belting his fist into the kid's face.

message 13: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) | 366 comments Mod
(How long were you writing that? Jeez. Also, keep in mind Johanna's acting as a cripple here, I don't know if you read her profile or not.)

It just so happened that when Phil used Joseph as a sledgehammer on one of the lockers, that it was Johanna's locker, as she found out when she came to get one of her textbooks and hand to pretty much flatten herself against the wall to avoid getting smacked against it when Joseph and Phil went flying by on Phil's quest to smack Joseph against a window. "I'll get my book later," she decided aloud.

message 14: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) ((Sorry for being so slow! It's a bit of a busy day for me today.))

Joseph grinned at Johanna between punches. "Not an-" he grunted as a fist made contact with his stomach, "Horrible idea, sweetheart." He grinned through a bloodied mouth. "C'mon Phil," he said, "Last week you punched a bit harder."

((I know she's posing as a cripple, ha. Not everyone needs to be rescued or gets rescued.))

message 15: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(Cool. I just didn't want you to expect some nuclear fury going on. Also, sorry for not posting. Winter break and I lack internets at home.)

"Philip, you trying to kill Joe again?", Keene asked, appearing with a piece of sheet metal and spackle to repair the damage to the lockers and walls.

(Gonna be honest, in hindsight we didn't really think this through.)

message 16: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Joseph shrugged, ducking a punch. He managed to ram a knee into Phil’s stomach. He got a few yards away before getting tackled again. “This punk,” Phil growled, “Still needs to learn his lesson!” Apparently, Joe had crossed that line one time too many. To his credit, Phil was getting some bruises on occassion. Eventually, Joe became more of an unconscious, limp rag.

message 17: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Keene sighed as he set the sheetmetal against the wall. "One of you get Joe to the infirmary, I gotta fix this."

"I'll go," Jo offered, "Doc's gonna expect me anyway." She walked over to Joseph's unconcscious form and tried to get him to hi feet

message 18: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Need mouth to mouth,” Joseph groaned sleepily, “but not from a dude...” he was struggling to his feet, blood pooling in his mouth and down his face.

message 19: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Jo grimaced at that, "Maybe after you're cleaned up," she said, half carrying, half dragging him down the hall to the infirmary.

message 20: by Ilsa (last edited Jan 08, 2019 11:34AM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) ((Yes. This is VERY rude. It is called thread hijacking; when someone butts in on another roleplay thread and interrupts the flow of another current roleplay. Please take it to another thread.))

Joe managed a wink at that. Or was it a blink? One of his eyes was swollen closed. Or was it sealed closed with blood? Maybe both. “You definitely get food coupons at the restaurant,” he mumbled, a sickly smirk withering over his features.

((Also, why the heck is Arlo beaten up for no reason in a pile of blood already. He is the freaking king of the school and this rp literally just took off. That takes away a dynamic from the comic already. People are gonna hella diss Arlo if you turn him into a pushover. He never has lost unless to John.))

message 21: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"I'm afraid to ask what that means," Johanna replied, shaking her head slightly. (Should we bounce over to the infirmary or are Robert and Lex over there?)

message 22: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “You get free food,” he said, as if that was the most obvious and most delightful reward imaginable. “Because of your amazing display of heroism. And shiiiii-stuff,” he said, as they passed a teacher. He had to mind his language or he’d end up like Phil. He managed to unglue his swollen eye as he looked at Joe #2, as he wanted to call her. She was kind of cute... but probably way out of his league. She hadn’t stepped in to help either. That was fine, though. No one ever stepped in to help.

message 23: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Dude, I'm a crip with friends in the staff," Johanna said, "They're not gonna question it if I drop you out a window. Name's Johanna, by the way."

message 24: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Jeez. But if you drop me out a window, you don’t get free food,” he pointed out methodically. “I’m Joseph.” He offered a trembling hand, forcing himself back to wobble on his own two feet. “Not a crip, but basically one.” He beamed at Johanna. “Can I call you Jo?”

message 25: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Johanna shook his hand. "Sure," Jo said. "Everyone does."

message 26: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) He staggered under the force of the handshake. “Ow-!” He jerked. “Maybe we should speed up this... er, this rescue.”

message 27: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Good idea," Jo agreed, nodding, releasing Joe's hand. (Are Robert and them in the infirmary, or are we clear to jump?)

message 28: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Joe glamced at Jo and followed her. “Piggyback ride?” He teased.

message 29: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"I can't fully carry you," Jo replied, low key brushing hair out of her face. "And you're bleeding."

message 30: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “I’m joking. Say, you’re not outraged or annoyed one bit, are ya?” He checked. “Must be because of the food?” He was uaually a peon used to being crushed for mouthing off.

message 31: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(It is kinda cute.)

"As long as you're not touchy feely, the only indication that you're not cool is that you piss off anyone above Low Tier," Jo said, "I'm below Low Tier."

message 32: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) He shrugged. “That doesn’t mean I’m not cool,” Joe objected, attepting to make an awesome face with his disheveled hair. It might have worked if he wasn’t currently a bleeding pulp of a boy.

message 33: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Johanna shrugged. "I don't think Doc's gonna be happy to see his office so crammed," she said.

message 34: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Crammed? What do you mean?” He asked. He hadn’t noticed any other fights. He’d been a bit preoccupied.

message 35: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"You didn't see the blonde kid come through?", Jo asked, "Ar-something or other."

message 36: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Could not have been Arlo. There’s no friggin way he would ever be beaten by some peon.” He stretched his arms over his head. “God, I’m so sooooore.”

((I am still in rebellious disbelief about Arlo. That’s such a bad move.))

message 37: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Shield guy?", Jo asked. "You'd be suprised." She said that last bit in a slightly different tone than usual, a bit more bored.

message 38: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “But he’s the coolest edgelord on campus!” He whined.

message 39: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Johanna just shook her head. WHere had she heard that one before? "He's not as powerful as he looks. His only offensive abilities come from his physical prowess."

message 40: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) He rolled his eyes. “If you think force fields can only be used for defense, you gotta broaden them horizons. Arlo has kicked my butt a number of times with only his weak force fields.”

message 41: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Like any defensive ability," Johanna replied simply. "Im referring to an actual offensive ability. All he can do with those barriers is block and crush. I could do that with a two by four."

message 42: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Look, lady, if you can go up to Arlo and kick his butt in a fair fight with a two-by-four, I’ll give you a hundred dollars,” he rolled his eyes, smirking.

message 43: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Well, not with a two by four," Jo said, "I'm simply saying the basic function can be replicated with a two by four." If she actually thought about it, the entirety of it couldn't actually be replicated by a piece of wood, but then at the same time, she went to pains to make sure no one knew she would actually need a weapon to begin with.

message 44: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “It’s still faulty to assume that that’s all it can be used for. If you can control your opponent, you control the fight. And he uses it equally defensively and offensively. It’s almost the perfect power,” he explained. “I’ve never seen anyone get through it.”

message 45: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(my brain keeps going "JUST SPILL THE FREAKIN BEANS!", but at the same time I don't know if that will help move the plot along at all. What do you think?)

"When you're as absolutely vulnerable as I am, you notice things," Johanna replied cryptically.

message 46: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) (She knows to be quiet. Especially with a stranger. :) )

“Well, could you beat his power? Or me? Noticing only gets you so far.”

message 47: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Maybe," Jo said, "But not in the traditional sense." SHe shrugged. "Notice how his barrier only blocks and reflects attacks. You don't attack him directly, you've got him where you want him.

message 48: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Fine. So you try to attack him how, now? When he is surrounded by a force field and simultaneously crushing you in another one?”

message 49: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(Oi. I walked right into that, didn't I?)

"Do you remember the New Ocala nuclear disaster a couple years ago?", Jo asked, "It wasn't a nuclear reactor meltdown. But whoever could do that, the radiation alone could ignore the barrier."

message 50: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) He shrugged. “So what? Even if it was a person like some of the conspiracy theorists believe, the person likely melted themselves off the face of the planet. The human body isn’t invincible, ya’know,” he pointed out.

« previous 1