What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA or Teen Sci-fi book from the 1980's about a Time Traveling alien that is set in Galveston Texas

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jean-ann (new)

Jean-ann Stump | 4 comments Around 1985 I read a YA or Teen book about a teenage girl in Galveston Texas. The girl has a younger brother and her best friend is a time traveler and I think an Alien who is hiding in the 1980s until she can return to her own time to save her people. I believe that this book was the second in the series. The book starts on the day after Christmas. I have been looking for this title for a long time. I hope that someone will know it.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5013 comments Otto From Otherwhere

Here is a snippet from the Kirkus review.
A not-so-alien boy from another universe inadvertently spends a year in Texas. (view spoiler) Then, at midwinter, Ahto loses both himself and his world in a dense fog and lands abruptly in the path of Paula and Peter, who are biking to their first day of school after Christmas. (view spoiler)

message 3: by Jean-ann (new)

Jean-ann Stump | 4 comments Thank you but this is not the book I remember. The Alien is definitely a teenage girl. There is a boy from the past but he is also a teenager. And this book was published in 1990. The book that I read had to have been published in the 80s because I was in middle or high school when I read it.

Thank you for commenting.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Sounds kind of like Timelost.

message 5: by Jean-ann (new)

Jean-ann Stump | 4 comments I'm afraid it is not Timelost either. In the book I read the Girl is older than her brother.

Thanks.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19064 comments Still looking, Jean-ann?

message 7: by Jean-ann (new)

Jean-ann Stump | 4 comments Yes I am still looking but I have not been able to find it.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19064 comments Aliens in the Family was pubbed in '85 and has a brother, sister, alien, and altering time, but it looks like the alien is a boy.