Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

The Books > The Black Moth Free Downloadable Audio Book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 2642 comments Mod
Here is a link to two free audio versions of The Black Moth on LibriVox, which apparently conducts "Acoustical liberation of books in the public domain."

The files size seems large - one is 255 MB, the other is 289 MB. Not sure if the quality is up to more polished audio book productions, but it is free.

message 2: by Mela (new)

Mela (melabooks) | 69 comments Critterbee❇ wrote: "Here is a link to two free audio versions of The Black Moth on LibriVox, which apparently conducts "Acoustical liberation of books in the public domain."

The files size seems large -..."

Thank you for the tip.

message 3: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 1353 comments Librivox books vary. They're amateur recordings. You can always delete it if you don't like it.

message 4: by Critterbee❇ (new)

QNPoohBear wrote: "Librivox books vary. They're amateur recordings. You can always delete it if you don't like it."

Thanks, QNPoohBear. Have you listened to a lot of the recordings?
Good to know that if you find a few 'stinkers,' there might still be decent ones waiting.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1136 comments FYI,

There is a Librivox player app that can be used.

message 6: by Mela (new)

Mela (melabooks) | 69 comments LibriVox is priceless. Yes, not all readers are good lectors but (in my experience) most of them are quite good and many really great ;-)

message 7: by Critterbee❇ (new)

I will def start telling people about this at work - the ones who come in every week and have listened to every audio book that we own. We cannot keep up with the demand, and this looks to be a valuable service.

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 1275 comments thanks for the link! I am surprised and pleased it works on my chromebook.