Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Family oriented books.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irlanda (new)

Irlanda | 2 comments Hi, is there any books that are heartwarming but they are family oriented? Thanks and God bless.

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 3 comments If you're interested in historical stories, Forevermore by Cathy Marie Hake and A Promise to Love by Serena B Miller are among my favorites. Both have some romance, but they also have strong family themes. A Promise to Love is partly based on the story of one of author's ancestors, which I thought made it all the more poignant.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ulrich | 4 comments I love Janette Oke's books, especially the Love Comes Softly books. There are eight books in the series. There is romance in this series with an emphysis on family.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Connell (michelleconnell) | 4 comments My second book, Heir Force is an inspirational romance, but deals with family values for characters who are in the military. My first book, Cookie Encounter, is also an inspirational romance that deals with the importance of church family as well as biological family.

message 5: by Cece (new)

Cece Whittaker | 2 comments Hi Irlanda, heartwarming and family oriented is definitely a winning combination. I think you might find The Call to Serve by Cece Whittaker (that's me!) fits that description. It takes place during World War II and features the fun and caring interaction between 4 ladies (3 younger, 1 middle-aged) but also their men's suspense and activities abroad. There is no gore or intense drama, just a bit of intrigue and then full heartwarming resolution. Hopefully it will fit the bill for your search! If you do grab a copy, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Best wishes in your search! Cece