AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

Win a holiday giveaway from Sylvia McDaniel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia McDaniel | 1 comments Hello and Happy Holidays! My name is Sylvia McDaniel and I write historical and contemporary romance. I’m happy to take a few minutes from my current WIP and holiday preparations for a little merriment with other fans of American historical romance!

My American historical books are more than romance novels set during historic time periods. Many of the books are based on historical facts, such as mail-order brides who ventured West or suffragettes who gained voting rights for women. Each story always centers around romance though!

Today I’m giving away an ebook copy of my LIPSTICK AND LEAD Box Set about female bounty hunters in the Old West. If you’d like to tuck this box set in your stocking or under the tree, tell me what you love most about reading American historical romances.

I live in a rugged part of Colorado, so I’m including everything in a single post…just in case the weather interrupts my WiFi connection. Keeping reading to learn more about me and my books. Comment for a chance to win. Most of all, I hope your holidays are merry and bright and filled with books!

ABOUT SYLVIA’S BOOKS

USA Today bestselling author Sylvia McDaniel has published more than thirty western historical romance, contemporary romance and even a few sci-fi novels. Known for her sweet, funny, family-oriented romances, Sylvia is the author of The Burnett Brides a historical western series, The Cuvier Widows, a Louisiana historical series, Lipstick and Lead, a western historical series and several short contemporary romances.

ABOUT SYLVIA McDANIEL

Married for over twenty years to her best friend, they have one dachshund that reigns Queen Supreme over the house, a new puppy who is challenging the queen and a good-looking, grown son who thinks there’s no place like home. She loves gardening, hiking, shopping, knitting and football (Cowboys and Bronco’s fan), but not necessarily in that order.

CONNECT

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SylviaMcDani...
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 2: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Blair | 16 comments I love transporting in time.

message 3: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Thanks, Sylvia. I love this: My American historical books are more than romance novels set during historic time periods. Many of the books are based on historical facts, such as mail-order brides who ventured West or suffragettes who gained voting rights for women.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments I love the settings and learning about events and times in our past.

message 5: by Chelsie (new)

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 83 comments I never used to read anything but mystery until my daughter had me read a historical fiction book they had to read for school, and I feel in love with a whole new genre! I love learning about the history and these events that happened, and as for the romance (which I never used to be a fan) it makes me realize what true romance is. I love reading about how men would write love letters and court the women, how they had to get approval from her parents just for a walk. I know most teens and people would roll their eyes today if that happened, but to me that’s the true romance. That’s what made a relationship last. I also find it interesting that they were not so innocent either, there was rendezvous and stuff going on behind closed doors but it was not talked about how things are today. Anything before the 1950’s is really intriguing to me. I’m so glad my daughter had me read that book, it’s really opened my genre of reading and I’ve really learned a lot about history, events, atrocities, and also love and romance.

message 6: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments Awesome...Thanks🎅🎄