AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

***HEIDI VANLANDINGHAM AMERICAN HISTORICAL ROMANCE PROMO POST #1***

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Vanlandingham (heidivanlandingham) | 2 comments Hello and Merry Christmas, everyone! I’m honored to be a part of the American Historical Romance Promo Event and have this opportunity to share my books with you and connect with new readers and authors!

My name is Heidi Vanlandingham and I write historical romance – western, 19th century and WWII eras. I was born and raised in Oklahoma, where I still live with my family. I’ve love to know more about each of you.

I’m giving away an ebook copy of my WWII romance, HEART OF THE SOLDIER. I’ve wanted to write this story for years, having grown up listening to how my grandparents (who are featured on the cover of the book!) met and fell in love during World War II. The book, while fictional, was inspired by their love story.

They faced many challenges during the early years of their relationship, especially during the holidays. Those serving in the military today face the same challenges: separated by deployments, far away from family and friends, limited resources. For my family, they always focused on the FEELING of the season more than giving gifts. Celebrating together, spending time with one another, sharing quality time and making the most of what they had.

For a chance to win a copy of HEART OF THE SOLDIER, tell me how you celebrate the spirit of the season.

Keep reading for more about HEART OF THE SOLDIER

He battles the German war machine. Her magic helps the French Underground. Will love push them together or will the war pull them apart?

Called to defend his country, Stuart Williams finds himself on the front line against the Nazi War Machine. But when he meets a beautiful American Resistance fighter, his focus becomes divided between defeating Hitler and protecting her from the enemy.

Trapped by the Germans in France, American college student, Caroline Grayson, uses her magical ability to read maps, helping the Resistance track the enemy’s movements and help their cause against Hitler. When she finds an American soldier lost behind enemy lines, she's not only fighting Nazis but also her traitorous heart.

Helping the Resistance, Caroline puts her life in danger, but Stuart’s first allegiance is to the army, and he’s forced to leave Caroline behind. When enemy tanks attack his regiment, he’s captured and thrown into a prisoner of war camp. At the war’s end, will Caroline use her magic to find and rescue him or will he succumb to the Nazis’ brutality?

More information on my website: https://heidivanlandingham.com/histor...

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 9 comments IN the midst of decorating for the holidays and shopping for presents, we love to focus on time as a family, celebrating Christ's birth.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments I enjoy the extra time to be with my family around the holidays.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 0 comments I was in the mood for a WW2 romance and decided to give Heart of the Soldier https://amzn.to/2LgzUpP a try. It's a great story that I finished in one day.

message 5: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments Enjoy the music and lights🎅🎄