2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
This topic is about Murder on Lexington Avenue

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
The Wooten family is a dysfunctional one, to put it mildly. What’s going to happen to that baby? Do you think Betty will let Valora get away with the ruse that Nehemiah was the father? By the way, why do you think Terry came to see the baby?

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I think Aunt Betty will keep her mouth shut. Anything she says about Valora will reflect on Electra. Betty will probably do anything to protect Electra. Of course, Sarah gave Betty the pages from the notebook. Maybe she'll open her eyes about the kind of person Electra is.

Terry seemed to be an idiot. He was so shocked when he found out Valora was pregnant, it was laughable. I'm not sure why he wanted to see the baby. Did he think the baby would look just like him?

Phrynne | 601 comments I found Terry visiting the baby a loose end. I wasn't sure what the author intended there.
No idea what would happen to the poor baby or even to Electra come to that. The whole family was a disaster!

I agree about Terry’s visit being a loose end, as well as the future of that poor baby.

I also agree that Betty is going to have to just live with Valora’s deception, just as she’s going to slowly realize her niece is a sociopath. But, she’s all that’s left of her brother.

This was such a dysfunctional family. I first thought Nehemiah was the center of it all but I’m now convinced that Valora was his equal. Poor Leander. He turned out normal but died trying to protect his sister. I think he was the only one Electra cared for.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I wonder if Terry visited because he knew the baby was his and just wanted to see the little one. I was just thinking that he would possibly be the far better parent than the boy's mother, even with his immaturity. But, probably, nah...

Charlene, I think anyone would be a better parent than Valora.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I feel sorry for Betty. She is the only decent member of that family.

Hopefully, she will have it in her heart not to visit the sins of the mother on the baby. and will make sure he is taken care of properly.

Terry's visit was very strange ... perhaps he wanted to see whether or not the child was deaf ...