Christian Fiction Fans discussion

Favorite series.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Ulrich | 4 comments I joined a clean reads coffee house book club on whatsapp. The first book we read was Cape Light by Thomas Kinkade and Catherine Spencer. I love this book, and I fell in love with the town of Cape Light. I must continue reading this series because I must find out what happens to the people of Cape Light.

message 2: by Brad (new)

Brad Molen | 2 comments My favorite series is the Circle series by Ted Dekker. Looking for other authors similar to him.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliecarobini) | 3 comments Welcome, April! Melanie is so gifted. :-)

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri | 3 comments my favorite series is the redemption series by Karen Kingsbury, my favorite trilogy is Karen Kingsbury's 911 and my favorite long collection of books in a series is grace chapel inn

message 5: by Kent (new)

Kent Wyatt (authorkentwyatt) | 13 comments I'll have to give a list because it is hard to narrow to one.
Anything by C.S. Lewis of course. Fun literature that will strengthen your concept of God.
Peretti's Darkness books while not his best writing were groundbreaking and good reads that gave a glimpse into the spiritual world like nothing else.
Joel C. Rosenberg - all of his are good though romance is not his strength. You won't find a better picture of what's happening in our world from a sound Christian perspective. He's a great man.
Dekker does well and has unique plots. He has great Christian themes. He can get a little dark, gritty, and strange sometimes if that bothers you.
The best written contemporary is Tim Downs Bugman series. Though I wish he had more Christian content in them they are hilarious and interesting and if you follow them to completion he has an unusual delivery system for some sound relationship advice. The romance builds so don't expect much in the first books.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Brown (goodreadscomkbbrown) | 5 comments I've read 'The Bend In The Road' by Nicolas Sparks a few times. This is such a wonderful book. Not a teary eyed, all is well ending but it's really good. It made me wonder what I would have done in the situation the characters were in.

message 7: by Jessalyn (new)

Jessalyn Joy | 5 comments Brad wrote: "My favorite series is the Circle series by Ted Dekker. Looking for other authors similar to him."

Have you tried Frank Peretti or Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins?

message 8: by Jessalyn (new)

Jessalyn Joy | 5 comments Katherine wrote: "I've read 'The Bend In The Road' by Nicolas Sparks a few times. This is such a wonderful book. Not a teary eyed, all is well ending but it's really good. It made me wonder what I would have done in..."

Nicholas Sparks is Christian fiction?

message 9: by Jessalyn (new)

Jessalyn Joy | 5 comments My favorite series is the Even Now / Ever After series by Karen Kingsbury! I loved the characters and the storyline. I especially liked the romantic aspect of the books.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Indorf | 2 comments Ted Dekker A.D. 30 A.D. 33
Both books are fantastic and a must read.

message 11: by Kofoworola (new)

Kofoworola | 1 comments Mark of the lion series by Francine Rivers and also Frank Peretti's darkness books

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (dandyjenn) | 6 comments I have too many favorite series' to pick an *absolute* favorite, but the Lost Castle series by Kristy Cameron is definitely towards the top for me!

message 13: by Reader (last edited Aug 31, 2020 09:53AM) (new)

Reader (yourmomchoselife) | 4 comments The Windy Ridge Series by Rachel Dylan.

Trial & Tribulations (Windy Ridge #1) by Rachel Dylan

Fatal Accusation (Windy Ridge #2) by Rachel Dylan

Surrounded by Darkness (Windy Ridge #3) by Rachel Dylan

message 14: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (michaela_noelle) | 2 comments Jennifer wrote: "I have too many favorite series' to pick an *absolute* favorite, but the Lost Castle series by Kristy Cameron is definitely towards the top for me!"

I started that series awhile back, but they dont have the sequel at my library :( I absolutely loved the first one though!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (dandyjenn) | 6 comments Bookblondiealaska20 wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I have too many favorite series' to pick an *absolute* favorite, but the Lost Castle series by Kristy Cameron is definitely towards the top for me!"

I started that series awhile b..."

Oh bummer! I'm not sure if your library has something like OverDrive or Hoopla, or even an Interlibrary Loan System where you could "order" the book in from another library? It is definitely a series worth finishing, if you are able to get your hands on the second and third books! ;)