Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Hobb - Various > The Fitz and the Fool Trilogy [12 Dec 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 12th Dec.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Thank you!

message 3: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Oh, wish I would have time to join you...

But I might stalk you reading the first book, as I already read it :)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments three chapters down and (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Sir Anni wrote: "Oh, wish I would have time to join you...

But I might stalk you reading the first book, as I already read it :)"

Join for book 2! The more the merrier.

message 6: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Sir Anni wrote: "Oh, wish I would have time to join you...

But I might stalk you reading the first book, as I already read it :)"

Join for book 2! The more the merrier."

Sadly I haven't continued with Rain Wild yet and I still have to finish all my November Reads...

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7422 comments Mod
This read makes me so happy lol.

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments 10 chapters down and (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I'm starting tonight.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments You're still further than I am. Been busy at my new job so my audio time has really decreased. I'm not sure which chapter I'm at but about 25% in. (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments So something I don't understand. I'm about 28% in. (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 35% I knew it. (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Just finished chapter 10. Need to pause it. Too much with the emotions.

message 14: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments where are you in the book?

I finished and WOW! (view spoiler)

message 15: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Just finished chapter 10. Need to pause it. Too much with the emotions."

Hobb is just getting started with the emotional factor. Each chapter will be more emotional after 15 or so.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I'm about 90% in. I was supposed to finish this morning but got so busy at work that I've done 0 listening all day. I'm aiming on finishing tomorrow.

message 17: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments No worry. :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments So OMG. Where I had left off apparently was right before (view spoiler)And I have about an hour and a half left in the audiobook but can't listen to it until tomorrow and AGGHHH!!!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Also, you have changed your name and left me very confused lol

message 20: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Dec 18, 2018 07:44PM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Also, you have changed your name and left me very confused lol"

felt like changing few things, started with the name. ;)
will reply to your post later.

message 21: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "So OMG. Where I had left off apparently was right before [spoilers removed]And I have about an hour and a half left in the audiobook but can't listen to it until tomorrow and AGGHHH!!!"

(view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ok, I'm done. I have some issues with the end of the book. (view spoiler) I loved the first 90% of this book but those few out of world/suspend belief "flaws" made me have to reduce the book from 5 to 4 stars. Of course I still can't wait to see what happens next.

message 23: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Is this a thread for the whole series or just a specific book? I decided to start Fool's Assassin next and would love a place to post as I read. After reading several fluff books, I need Robin Hobb :)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments It's supposed to be for the whole series. We've only read Fool's Assassin so far. So if you're going to read it now you're right on track :-)

message 25: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Sweet! I'll be posting here then.

message 26: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Through Ch 4 (view spoiler)

message 27: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Ok, I'm done. I have some issues with the end of the book. [spoilers removed] I loved the first 90% of this book but those few out of world/suspend belief "flaws" made me have to reduce the book fr..."

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments Narilka wrote: "Through Ch 4 .."

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Em Lost In Books wrote: "[spoiler removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 30: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Through Ch 8 (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Narilka wrote: "Em Lost In Books wrote: "[spoiler removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 32: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments I've been binge reading today :) Through Ch 11 (view spoiler)

message 33: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments I just read your spoilers for where I'm at. Diana, we had the same thought regarding (view spoiler) angle :)

Are you both continuing? Because I plan to do the full series and probably straight through at this rate.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Narilka wrote: "I just read your spoilers for where I'm at. Diana, we had the same thought regarding [spoilers removed] angle :)

Are you both continuing? Because I plan to do the full series and probably straight..."

I'm def on board to continuing. Tonight I have to update my br schedule for January. Let's do book 2 in Jan? Probably mid month would be better since most buddy reads tend to start on the 1st :-/

message 35: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long :) Hobb has that effect on me. I will continue to use this thread and read your thoughts when you can continue too.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I get it :-) If you guys want to continue on earlier don't let me stop you. I'll just comment when I get to it. I can't go earlier since I'm going to be swamped at work.

message 37: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments That was one adrenaline pumping ending!

Em Lost In Books wrote: "where are you in the book?

I finished and WOW! [spoilers removed].."

(view spoiler)

Further thoughts

(view spoiler)

Diana, I don't know how you can wait with that cliffhanger ending :) I'm starting book 2 today. I'll be posting here.

message 38: by Em Lost In Books (last edited Dec 28, 2018 06:34AM) (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2385 comments I am already on third book. 🙊 And busy juggling WoT 13 and FF3. Will be here early next week to open those spoilers. 😁

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Narilka wrote: "That was one adrenaline pumping ending!

I was with you on trying to figure out how the heck Molly a..."

(view spoiler)

I am still going to wait to start it till Jan cuz I want to count it for points and there's no way I'll finish in the next couple of days. But I'll try to start Jan 1 if I can :-P

message 40: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Narilka wrote: "That was one adrenaline pumping ending!

I was with you on trying to figure out how ..."

Oh I get waiting for points. I just have no impulse control with Hobb's books :D

message 41: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Fool's Quest through Ch 3 (view spoiler)

message 42: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Fool's Quest through Ch 5 (view spoiler)

message 43: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Fool's Quest

Through Ch 8 (view spoiler)

message 44: by Narilka (new)

Through Ch 12 (view spoiler)

message 45: by Narilka (new)

Through Ch 19 (view spoiler)

message 46: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Fool's Quest through Ch 22 (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I finally started it! I'm on chapter 3. I'll update as I go.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Oh forgot to mention about chapter 2, and also Chapter 4.

(view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Mid chapter 9

(view spoiler)

message 50: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2882 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Mid chapter 9 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3