Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Dark YA science fiction (first 30,000 words)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 16 comments Hey all,

I'm looking for a few people to read part one of my YA scifi manuscript/WIP, A PAWN OF SEDITION. Although the manuscript is complete, it's still at the very beginning stages of editing. I'm looking for people who can tell me if the start of the book pulls you in and makes you want to read more. I'm also looking to see if the structure is confusing. Feedback on general world building, characters, dialogue, and plot would be super helpful too!

Here's a blurb:

It’s the year 2194, and 18-year-old Mea Gwen lives in a time when strict economic and racial segregation control the balance of peace in America. An heiress from the wealthiest family in the country, Mea will soon inherit the multi-trillion dollar corporation Gwen Corps. Only one problem — she doesn’t want it. Ever since her father died a month ago, she has dreamed of finally leaving Earth with nothing but her writing and new planets to discover.

But in the midst of the most violent Presidential election season in U.S. history, a terrorist group calling themselves The Reformers bombs the headquarters of the mega bank, United Finances. Claiming to bring economic justice back to America, the Reformers kidnap the richest of the rich, striking fear in every designer-wearing floosy in the country. When the group finds its way to Mea, no one can stop her from being next.

Now Mea is a key player in the Reformers’ murderous game. Either she becomes a team player and follows their rules, or she risks her life trying to uncover the truth of who they really are. Soon Mea finds herself twisted in a national conspiracy, and even the people she loves the most can no longer be trusted.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 7 comments I’d love to read for you!! I have a YA science fiction novel that I wanted a beta to read for.

In the world where superheroes and supervillians coexist in the year 2035, Scarlet Dagger is about a teenager named Harper who is an Assassin, an elite group of organization who arrest and kills supervillians. One day, Harper was out on a stakeout, someone targeted her. That someone is Black Knight, the most feared supervillian in Boston. She suspects he’s the one who killed her father years ago, thus she had a thirst for vengeance ever since.
Then one night, she was kidnapped by a organization called the Rebels, the group who is against the government and her organization as well. They told her the Golden Daggers are corrupted, she refused to believe them. As the Golden Daggers are the elite organization full of superheroes with remarkable superpowers, they can’t be bad guys, right?
So Harper is feeling conflicted about vengeance and believing that she is right and not the villains, will she open her mind and listen?

Sorry if this is long! My word count is 73K and I have another beta reading it now. It’s a completed manuscript, going in second draft. If interested, please email me at bookreader2013@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Your story sounds like something I would love to read!

Stacey