Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta Reader, YA/Mystery/Fantasy/Magic/Vampire 90k~'Complete'

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Dec 09, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hello, I've been working on this for over a year, and it's a series. This is the first book in the series. I'm not picky about what kind of feedback I get, I'm just looking for some outside opinions on it :)
This story isn't completely edited, keep that in mind as well and I may change character names in the future.

A bit about my story(The Other Half Of Me):
15-year-old Daisy has an unknown medical problem in which she expels blood, either by coughing, or nosebleeds. She's known as the crazy, devil's child in the rundown part of town, because she sees things others don't. She's never met her mother and lives with her abusive father, who blames her craziness on his lack of job offers and women. Feeling the lowest and wishing to find her mother in hopes she could finally live a normal life, her answer one day comes knocking on her door. A man claiming he knows her mother and has come to take her to her other family, all the while telling she's a vampire. But how is Daisy a vampire? She's never craved blood, she doesn't hate the sun, in fact, she hates the dark.
Nevertheless, after a rough introduction and not a rescue she was expecting, she figured she had nothing more to lose if she followed this man. Daisy is taken away to a world she had never heard of or studied in geography. A world with all sorts of beings she had only read in books, there she is faced with the horrible truth about her mother, and the mystery behind it. Her family isn't at all what she thought they'd be and she keeps getting strange dreams. How will Daisy adjust and deal with a new set of family and a whole different world? Will she find the answers she's sought for and finally feel what a family is like?

I'm horrible with summaries! Sorry.
If anyone is interested please comment or pm me! Let me know how you'd like to read the story (Word, Pdf...etc).

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I am interested. Please PM me on this site.