Play Book Tag discussion

Love and Christmas Wishes
This topic is about Love and Christmas Wishes
Archive: Other Books > Love and Christmas Wishes: Three Regency Romance Novellas by Rose Pearson - 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 5068 comments I had hoped to find an easy, relaxing Christmas read, but was sadly disappointed by this. Most Regency romances are contrived so I was able to tolerate that enough to finish it, rolling my eyes all the way through, but combined with insipid dialogue, stupidity on the part of the protagonists (another staple of the genre), and a slow, slow pace with stilted prose almost as though English might be a second language to the author, can't make me give this more than 2 stars. The author also assumes her readers to be so clueless as to miss the plot hints given that they were overly repetitive, about as subtle as whacking you on the head with a two-by-four. Its only saving grace was that each of the three novellas was by definition short, although in my opinion it would have benefited by being shorter still. It wasn't the worst I've read - those I don't bother to finish - but I'm not going to read another by this author, that's for sure!

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2502 comments I’d already DNF’d something similar, Anna, and was despairing of a decent Christmas read. But then Theresa found Lady Osbaldestone and I am a happy woman, lol.

I definitely won’t pick this one up for an extra, though 😉

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Oh no! I have a regency romance up next but I am hoping for a better outcome. It is also an anthology, but it has some authors I have read before.

The anthologies of regency romance are great though because the individual stories are necessarily short! lol