Play Book Tag discussion

On a Snowy Night
This topic is about On a Snowy Night
Archive: Other Books > [Fall Flurries] On a Snowy Night by Debbie Macomber 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte | 1493 comments On A Snowy Night: The Christmas Basket\The Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber
3 stars

This had two Christmas stories: The Christmas Basket and The Snow Bride. Both were incredibly predictable and everything was all tied up nice and neat.

In the first, The Christmas Bride, Noelle goes back to her hometown outside of Portland, Oregon. On the plane she runs into her high school sweetheart who broke her heart and she never really got over. There is a big feud between her former sweetheart's mom and her own over a lost/stolen heirloom silver tea set.

In the second, The Snow Bride, Jenna meets a guy in an internet chat room about poetry and decides to quit her job of six years and fly from LAX to a small town in Alaska to meet him. Unfortunately, he isn't there to pick her up at the airport so another guy takes her to his house. Really?!?

Although it's cheesy and predictable, it's exactly what I expected. You really can't take books like these to seriously and just enjoy them for what they are. Fun and light reads. I will say I like Nora Roberts better than Debbie Macomber. I feel like Nora's leading ladies are stronger women than the Debbie leading ladies.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7716 comments Charlotte wrote: "I will say I like Nora Roberts better than Debbie Macomber. I feel like Nora's leading ladies are stronger women than the Debbie leading ladies. ."

I completely agree with that statement, but I typically enjoy Macomber's Christmas books well enough. Typically a 3 star review like this one.

This may be the first time in a while that I actually do not read her new release! The line at the library is forever long and I just can't rationalize paying for it when it is a hardcover.

Charlotte | 1493 comments Nicole R wrote: "This may be the first time in a while that I actually do not read her new release! The line at the library is forever long and I just can't rationalize paying for it when it is a hardcover."

Nora's new one? Yea... I added myself to the library list (#69 on 40 copies) and I'll stalk my local used bookstore to see if anyone got it and then turned it in there. I can sometimes get newer books.

She as a ton of Debbie Macomber for $1.00 each and which is where I got this one and the next Christmas one I'll be reading.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7716 comments Sorry, Debbie Macomber’s new one, Alaskan Holiday. That is the one I may not get to because the library list is so long.

I get all of Nora’s books in hard copy. I have a Nora-dedicated book shelf! I actually got her one that just came out, Of Blood and Bone, as an ARC but, oddly, it didn’t show up until the day after the book was released! I do. It get many ARCs so I am usually pretty good and getting them read and reviewed before their release date, but for this one I am holding off til January. I figure if the publisher really wanted advanced reviews out there then I would have gotten the book sooner 😂

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6330 comments Macomber's are exactly what you say - fun and light and comforting, if a little too preposterous sometimes. But I always but always look forward to her annual Christmas offering.

Charlotte | 1493 comments Nicole R wrote: "Sorry, Debbie Macomber’s new one, Alaskan Holiday. That is the one I may not get to because the library list is so long.

I get all of Nora’s books in hard copy. I have a Nora-dedicated book shelf..."

OMG!!! I got an ARC for Nora's new book!!! (I'm not the best about checking the mail since it's a mile from my house but checked the mail today and it was sitting there!!) I'm so excited, this is my first ARC :)

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7248 comments Charlotte wrote: "Nicole R wrote: "Sorry, Debbie Macomber’s new one, Alaskan Holiday. That is the one I may not get to because the library list is so long.

I get all of Nora’s books in hard copy. I have a Nora-ded..."

Wow, a Christmas wish come true!! Good for you, glad you got a hold of a copy!