AMERICAN HISTORICAL NOVELS discussion

The Duke's Quandary (Marriage Mart Mayhem #2)
This topic is about The Duke's Quandary
Callie Hutton

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca, Champagne Widows, 2021 (new)

Rebecca Rosenberg (rebeccarosenberg) | 270 comments Mod
Welcome, Callie! Which of your books are you discusssing this week?

message 2: by Callie (new) - added it

Callie Hutton | 1 comments Hello, everyone! My name is Callie Hutton and I write historical western romance (and Regency romance). I'm giving away a set of my entire Oklahoma Lovers Series (ebooks) which includes two Christmas-themed romances.

The inspiration for this series was the Oklahoma Land Rush of 1889. When someone mentions historical romance or western romance, Oklahoma is probably one of the last places that comes to mind. As a proud Oklahoman, I figured my home state would make a great setting for romance so I set out to learn more about it. Since starting my research, I’ve since written six books for my Oklahoma Lovers series, which are set in Guthrie, Oklahoma.

I still live in Oklahoma with my husband, two dogs, my daughter, son, daughter-in-law and twin grandsons we fondly call the Twinadoes.

For a chance to win, tell me what American historical event or era you enjoy reading about.

You can learn more about me and my books at www.calliehutton.com

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 78 comments I read a lot of books set during the Civil War era.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 87 comments I love reading about the pioneers as they settle into the West. I enjoy learning about their dress, customs and ways of survival. It
Just amazes me what the pioneers lived through settling the West.
Thanks for the chance to win your series and thanks for sharing yourself with us this week.

message 5: by Chelsie (new)

Chelsie (chelzlou) | 83 comments I have been really enjoying reading about WWII. However, I read the book Caroline about Ingalls Wilder and their attempt to move out West and what an epic fail it was, and that was very interesting. I just cannot even fathom packing up my house in a wagon and “hitting” the road into the abyss of unknown. That must have been so excited yet frightening at the same time. It’s not like now where someone is just a phone call or text away. You literally left your whole family behind potentially never seeing them again.

message 6: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (grannylovestoread) | 132 comments Like them all. History is fascinating!🎅🎄