#WitchlandsJanuary discussion

Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #2.5)
This topic is about Sightwitch
Sightwitch Spoilery Discussion Board

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 35 comments Mod
ALL the spoilery discussions for Sightwitch!

Here is the spoiler discussion for Sightwitch!

message 3: by Arshey (last edited Feb 03, 2019 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Arshey | 5 comments As I said, I am really confused about the timeline. If it only a year before Truthwitch, don't you think that there are maybe things that happened? First, we know that Ryber, Kullen, and Merik had spent some time together. And we know that she had been a crew member before. But in Windwitch, Merik acted as though he hadn't been in Kulleen's place for a long time.

Ps. So nobody knows that Ryber is a Sightwitch besides Kulleen?

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments I finished Sightwitch a couple days ago and holy crap was it just so good! I have high expectations for Bloodwitch next week! :D

I feel like the author really grew in her ability to handle world and character development, I felt really connected to both Ryber and Eridysi. I can't wait for Ryber to be a character in the next book, her and Iseult are now my favorites!

I am trying to remember if we had met Eridysi and/or her husband at any point in the previous books but I am not coming up with anything. Any of you lovely ladies who did a reread did you catch meeting them at all?

@Arshey the definite canon is that it's a year before Truthwitch (I asked Susan and she confirmed it), the reason he hasn't been a while in Kullen's place is because that's in Lovats and they haven't been there in a while - I think they have been at sea since Merik became an Admiral. And they have spent some together on board I think, but I think Merik doesn't really know Ryber that well, which implies she hasn't been with them for that long. Susan has another novella set after Sightwitch in store, which should fill the holes, but we don't know if that will happen

@Lizzy I don't know if you remember but there's a song that is very popular in The Witchlands called Eridysi's Lament! And if you rememeber as well - Iseult has a doll named Eridysi! She is a very famous Sightwitch and she is known of. But no, we haven't really met them.

Since we're talking and everyone is caught up - I have a theory that Eridysi is actually Aeduan's mother and like I am almost positive about that

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Marija (Inside My Library Mind)

Yes I remember Eridysi's lament, I love how we got to know the person behind that famous poem!

And OMG Aeduan being her son would make so much sense and would be SO AWESOME!

Right??? I am really excited to see what we learn of Aeduan's background in Bloodwitch, he is my second favorite character and I think he is a really good one. So I cannot wait to see if my theory is correct!

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Marija (Inside My Library Mind)

I can't wait either!!! He's such a great character :D

Bianca Bancroft (biancalynnbooks) | 3 comments Marija (Inside My Library Mind) wrote: "@Arshey the definite canon is that it's a year before Truthwitch (I asked Susan and she confirmed it), the reason he hasn't been a while in Kullen's place is because that's in Lovats and they haven..."
That would be cool, but how would that work? Isn't Eridysi's part from 1,000 years ago.

Bianca Bancroft (biancalynnbooks) | 3 comments Anyone have a recap or spoilery review of Sightwitch? I think I got too excited and read it too fast last year!

Bianca wrote: "Anyone have a recap or spoilery review of Sightwitch? I think I got too excited and read it too fast last year!"

We still don't know how it works! But I guess we will find out!

Susan did a GIF recap on her Twitter , hope that helps!

Bianca Bancroft (biancalynnbooks) | 3 comments Marija (Inside My Library Mind) wrote: "Bianca wrote: "Anyone have a recap or spoilery review of Sightwitch? I think I got too excited and read it too fast last year!"

We still don't know how it works! But I guess we will find out!

Su..."

Thank you for the twitter link. Also, I want the Eridysi theory to be true!