#WitchlandsJanuary discussion

Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
This topic is about Truthwitch
Truthwitch Spoilery Discussion Board

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 35 comments Mod
If you want to discuss spoilers relating to Truthwitch - this is the place to be! Avoid this if you don't want spoilers.

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Is it just me or is Safi kind of a flat character? I am having trouble connecting with her and her motivations. She seems to have 2 modes: "oh no I ruined everything" and "ISEUULLLTT!!!" She also hasn't gotten as much of a backstory as the others yet so maybe that is why I feel this way.

Just wondering if others feel the same?

(For context: I am 300 pages in right now, they just reached the hidden island Merik knows about to get them to their rendezvous point.)

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 35 comments Mod
Safi is definitely a character that grew on me. I usually really can't get on with characters like her - that kind of "do now, think later" mentality is something I really struggle with and I really disliked Safi for the most part of Truthwitch. But as the series goes on I really grew to like her. I think she has an interesting arc in Windwitch so that's something to look forward to. Hopefully she grows on you!

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Inside My Library Mind wrote: "Safi is definitely a character that grew on me. I usually really can't get on with characters like her - that kind of "do now, think later" mentality is something I really struggle with and I reall..."

I am so glad to hear that she gets more development in the next book! I am also usually not a fan of characters that have that mentality, unless it is done well. Now I'm really excited to start the 2nd book!

Arshey | 5 comments Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn wrote: "Is it just me or is Safi kind of a flat character? I am having trouble connecting with her and her motivations. She seems to have 2 modes: "oh no I ruined everything" and "ISEUULLLTT!!!" She also h..."

I felt the same way. I felt as though people value her more than she deserves. But personally, I still think there is a possibility that this character can grow, especially when she starts to actually uses her witchery.

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Arshey wrote: "Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn wrote: "Is it just me or is Safi kind of a flat character? I am having trouble connecting with her and her motivations. She seems to have 2 modes: "oh no I ruined every..."

Totally agree with you Arshey! I am looking forward to see her grow in the next book, she has the potential to be really interesting, just wish we would have gotten it sooner.