#WitchlandsJanuary discussion

Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
This topic is about Truthwitch
Truthwitch Non Spoiler Discussion Board

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Inside My Library Mind (insidemylibrarymind) | 35 comments Mod
This is for us to talk about the first book - Truthwitch without spoiling anyone!

Has anyone started reading yet? who's your favorite character so far? How are you liking the story?

message 3: by Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (last edited Jan 05, 2019 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Inside My Library Mind wrote: "Has anyone started reading yet? who's your favorite character so far? How are you liking the story?"

I am exactly 300 pages in! I'm really liking it so far and it is reading much faster that I thought it would since it's kinda a longer book.

I had trouble the first 30 or so pages reading and trying to keep names/cities/new words straight in my head, but that quickly passed. The world is really neat and I love all the different kinds of witch one can be in this world, their powers are so awesome and scary!

Iseult is my favorite character and I will fight any witch if anything bad happens to her!

OH MY GOD I am so glad to hear that! Iseult is my absolute favorite! And I am so glad you got on well with the world. When I first read the series back when it came out, the one thing I saw that had people quitting was that they found the world confusing. Iseult is one of the characters I relate to the most from any book ever so it's great to hear you like her. And yes! Truthwitch reads really fast for a book that's kind of long-ish

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Inside My Library Mind wrote: "OH MY GOD I am so glad to hear that! Iseult is my absolute favorite! And I am so glad you got on well with the world. When I first read the series back when it came out, the one thing I saw that ha..."

I can see why some people might quit, especially if they aren't used to the crazy world building a lot of fantasy books do in the beginning!
Iseult just outshines everyone else in this book! So hard to not love her <3

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments I finished the book last night! Really excited to discuss things with you all. Are we doing an official discussion once everyone's read it or is it just posting thoughts in the spoilery discussion post?

YAY! I think we can kick off a discussion in the spoilery thread? If you think that might work better I can start a separate discussion board! 😊

Caro (bookcheshirecat) I finished my reread today, just in time and loved it every bit as much as before 😍 and I have even more theories!

Ahhh same! I just reread Truthwitch for the first time since reading Sightwitch and like MIND BLOWN!

☾ Liz ☆ Stellar Kitten Book Reviews ☆ I'm like so behind, but whatever haha. I'm a little over halfway through and it didn't start out the best for me, but I'm having more fun with it now. I like Safi a lot!

No worries, glad it's picking up for you! And that's great to hear since we were talking about how she wasn't our fave in the beginning, glad to see another perspective!

☾ Liz ☆ Stellar Kitten Book Reviews ☆ I really enjoy the focus on friendship rather than romance so far. I feel like we need more books with strong friendships. I love that Safi and Iseult are so willing to do anything to keep each other safe.

Aaah I could not agree more! I love their friendship and I love that we always get them thinking about each other, no matter where they are or what's going on

Lizzy // The Bookish Unicorn (thebookishunicorn) | 20 comments Marija (Inside My Library Mind) and ☾ Liz ☆ Stellar Kitten Book Reviews ☆

I totally agree with both of you! My biggest complaint with YA is how we don't get as many books about strong friendships. I would love it if more books followed this trend and showed you can be friends without ending up in a relationship!