What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Snow Spider (Snow Spider Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Snow Spider
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Young adult novel, fantasy(?) had a horse statue with red eyes I think? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett | 2 comments If I remember right it's about a boy who gets several gifts from his grandmother (Possible not her?), and apparently they have some kind of effect when given to the wind, but the one I can really remember is that one of them was a horse statue that was really intimidating to him, he was told to never give it to the wind. If I remember right after each one he has some sort of dream?

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32194 comments Mod
The Snow Spider by Jenny Nimmo seems to match your description.

(Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com fantasy boy grandmother gifts "to the wind")

Garrett, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

How was a gift "given to the wind"? Where all the gifts physical objects (large/small, what did they look like)?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Garrett (last edited Dec 10, 2018 09:12AM) (new)

Garrett | 2 comments OH MY GOD THAT'S TOTALLY IT. THANK YOU. I read it when I was a younger kid, maybe about 2003 or 2004. I tried so hard to find it using similar keywords and it just didn't work. The gifts were given by him holding them up during windy or stormy days, but he was told to never give the horse toy to the wind.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32194 comments Mod
You're welcome. Glad you found your book, Garrett. I just got lucky with the right search terms.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Snow Spider (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jenny Nimmo (other topics)