Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Self Promotions > The Book Basket Podcast- I need your help

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ahdam (last edited Jan 31, 2019 04:54AM) (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Hello Everyone and welcome to the Book Basket podcast thread I am your host Ahdam and I decided to create a podcast with my mate to talk about all of my favourite books here is our logo (Credit goes to my mate Keane)

description

The First episode I made was Saga, Vol. 1 and here is a small teaser of what we just talked about let me know what you think:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_ao...

So for the next episode I will be introducing my friend to The Final Empire and here is where I need your help

I want to have a segment where I read some people's thoughts about the book so that I can read back to my friend and we can both react to it in our own way. I know I could read reviews but I kinda want to get you guys involved as well.

So if it isn't much to ask I would like to ask everyone to post there overall thoughts of what you liked, didn't like about the final empire and try to avoid spoilers since I'm still trying to figure out how to present this episode.

BOOK BASKET PODCAST SCHEDULE

SAGA VOL 1 PROGRESS: COMPLETED

FINAL EMPIRE PROGRESS: ROUGH DRAFT 1

1984: TO BE SCHEDULED

DUNE: TO BE SCHEDULED

READY PLAYER ONE: TO BE SCHEDULED

GAME OF THRONES: TO BE SCHEDULED

I ROBOT: TO BE SCHEDULED

STORM FRONT: TO BE SCHEDULED

KINGSMAN SECRET SERVICE COMICS: TO BE SCHEDULED

THEFT OF SWORDS: TO BE SCHEDULED

WAY OF KINGS: TO BE SCHEDULED

message 2: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments That's really sweet Ahdam, I like the idea! I tried to listen to the teaser, but it doesn't work... Might be my phone tho...

I'm not good with writing reviews, not at all, plus it feels like I read it ages ago. I would end up with something "glorious" like, "Sanderson wrote it, that's a good enogh reason to read it. If you don't know what I mean by that, that's probably because you haven't read a book by him. So, what are you waiting for?"

So yeah, see the comment as a push to get others to reply as well 😅

message 3: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Cheers Anni just so you know the link is audio and I found you need to wait for it to load and then it will play

I’m looking forward to this since me and my mate talked for about an hour on Saga so this should be interesting and if you want to get into films like I said we are also working on a film one

Also how the hell did that happen? I know I made it at 3am but that shouldn’t happen it seems duplication has been happening a lot lately.

I’ll delete it when I’m on the laptop but this one has the edited post so I’ll put this as the official one

message 4: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Also good comment Anni definitely an interesting one to star with

message 5: by Ahdam (last edited Jan 24, 2019 02:55PM) (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments So I am back everyone and I have just finished recording the second episode of the book basket episode currently it is being edited and I will post a teaser sometime this week. So stay tuned

This week me and my friend talked about THE FINAL EMPIRE

description

Next week we will be looking at 1984 so any thoughts you guys have please let me know because I'm really enjoying this

I think I'll put an episode list with a progress update in my original post (also what do you think of the logo? Credit goes to my mate on the podcast)

message 6: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments I have edited Episode 2 and is currently in a rough draft to be polished soon

However I have created a teaser just to show what I have done so here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dv0n...

message 7: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Ok things have been empty here but since the last podcast I had to focus a lot on Uni with the dissertation and whatnot

So with some encouraging words from my mate I've decided to move the Book Basket Podcast on twitch with the first episode being 1984 by George Orwell

The stream will commence either next Wednesday/Thursday so if you want to watch me ramble and whatnot then feel free to join in

I'll update this when we get closer but I'm looking forward to this and I hope it goes well