Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Lady Osbaldestone’s Christmas Goose (4 happy stars)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments Well, thanks to Theresa’s rave review from a couple of days ago, I have seven dollars less than I had before, and I have not yet mowed the grass.

But I’m so glad I got this. It’s a delightfully pitched Christmas tale, with a core of cheerfulness, warmth and wit, mixed with literal and figurative homecomings, and sprinkled with a light dash of romance.

This is last year’s book, and there is another volume for this Christmas. But I am not getting it until I have done my gardening! Well, probably not ...

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 8333 comments 😊 So glad you enjoyed it!

Since here in NYC I neither have to worry about gardening, nor grass cutting, nor snow shovelling, I am reading the next. Plan on finishing tomorrow since spent today working on my cross stitch and partying.

Fair warning...I am thoroughly enjoying it so far!

message 3: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Glad that you enjoyed it! I have never read anything by this author but perhaps I will add it to my list.

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6847 comments Nicole R wrote: "Glad that you enjoyed it! I have never read anything by this author but perhaps I will add it to my list."

You and your Christmas romances are making me laugh.

At work I read Wally the Whale Who Loved Balloons Wally and his mother come to a harbor festival and Wally is lifted into the air from eating all the balloons.

You are gobbling up those Christmas romances like Wally is eating balloons and I wonder what will become of you. Will you turn into mistletoe, or a Christmas tree or start flying around the world on Santa's sleigh?

Are you hitting a record this year?

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8409 comments Booknblues wrote: "Nicole R wrote: "Glad that you enjoyed it! I have never read anything by this author but perhaps I will add it to my list."

You and your Christmas romances are making me laugh.

At work I read [b..."

LOL-maybe she will become the "naughty elf"

message 6: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I will probably hit a record this year! They are just such fast reads and I don’t sleep a whole lot so I can easily finish a book in just two nights of reading.

I have already read six and probably have another four or so in me.

Since finishing my previous book Saturday morning, I will be slowing down until next weekend. Finals are this week and I have been studying all weekend and will be studying all next week.

But once finals are over at noon on Friday, I will once again be diving back in!

I need to finish my geek book too. I have it on audio and I haven’t been feeling the audios because I talk through law for my finals on my drives lately 😂

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments You guys are inspiring me to read a Christmas book. I think I’ve overdosed on literary fiction and I’m in a slump. This might be just the ticket! Thanks Kate.

message 8: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Come January 1, I am going to need some good literary fiction after binging on all of these overly sweet romances! 😂

message 9: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3099 comments Lady O is definitely getting a great deal of attention. I just bought an audible copy, so expect my review sometime this month. But first I have to finish Once Upon a River.

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the CenturyJgrace wrote: "Lady O is definitely getting a great deal of attention. I just bought an audible copy, so expect my review sometime this month. But first I have to finish Once Upon a River."

Oooo, audio! That is a good idea. After I finish The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession, and the Natural History Heist of the Century I don't have anything else on deck.

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 8333 comments Lady O deserves all the attention, IMHO!

But then, I introduced her.