What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's Book about visiting a farm - horse's name is Chaos

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy Kelly (new)

Cindy Kelly Benabderrahman (cindykelly) | 2 comments I'm looking for a children's book that had color illustrations that was in our elementary school library in the early-to-mid 1980s. The book was set in the 20th century, and was not a prairie/frontier-type storyline. It was about visiting either a farm or visiting the rural countryside. The illustrations seemed to have a lot of "movement" or kinetic energy, and there was a passage about the horse racing around. It had illustrations, but it wasn't a book for Kindergarten/first grade level - I was maybe in 3rd grade when I remember checking it out a lot, but I could read at a higher reading level, so it may have been an advanced picture book or a chapter book with illustrations. The horse's name was Chaos, but it may have been spelled differently.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Cindy, do recall a challenge/conflict/source of tension in the book?

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, sunny/dark/muted colors/black & white?

Do they remind you of another illustrator or picture book author?

message 3: by Cindy Kelly (new)

Cindy Kelly Benabderrahman (cindykelly) | 2 comments I don't remember there being a tremendous amount of plot, but the illustrations were in color, and they were full of energy, detailed, not cartoony. Very much in the style of 60s-70s readers. The horse is what stands out. My friend and I are going crazy trying to figure this out. I'll ask him if he remembers anything else about the illustrations.