TBTL sTens Book Club discussion

Florida
This topic is about Florida
Book suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole (nicolelily) | 0 comments It appears there's some interest! I just realized there's also a Facebook group, but I don't know how long it's been since anyone updated it. Anyway, any book suggestions? I was thinking I'd like to read _Florida_ by Lauren Groff. She was a guest on the most recent Live Wire.

Will Manuel | 2 comments I read it. Loved it. Although it’s not full of a lot of feel good stories. Just well-written stories that may give you a tinge if anxiety.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (megankc) | 1 comments I'd' recommend that we give a lot of lead time between picking the book and starting to discuss, if we can, so we can use the library. There are 84 holds on 24 copies of _Florida_ at Seattle Public Library right now, for example. Otherwise, reading older books might be good. But I'm up for putting it on the list, knowing nothing about it.

I have a lot of non-fiction books sitting on my (virtual) shelves and wouldn't mind a kick in the pants to tackle one of them, if any of these appeal to others.
_How Children Succeed_ by Paul Tough
_Quiet_ by Susan Cain
_The Lemon Tree: An Arab, A Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East_ by Sandy Tolan
_Collapse_ by Jared Diamond

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Critchfield (critchie17) | 9 comments I’m half way through The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah and have Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders up next. I usually have a couple of books going at once...anyone else do that? I read pretty much anything but am partial to fantasy, sci fi, and I like YA books ( quick reads 😊) what do you all like to read?

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Ladd | 4 comments I also love SF/fantasy and YA. But I was also thinking something by Michael Pollan could be appropriate. Luke has talked about him.

message 6: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Critchfield (critchie17) | 9 comments I’d like to read a Michael Pollan book...the rules one took about 20 min 😊