Reading Women discussion

Reading Women Award > 2018 Reading Women Award Winners!!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra, Co-founder (new)

Kendra Winchester (kdwinchester) | 559 comments Mod
We're happy to announce that All the Names They Used for God by Anjali Sachdeva and Educated by Tara Westover have won the Reading Women Award! These books are incredible, and, if you haven't already, we hope you pick up both of these books.

You can find the episode about these amazing books over on our website or wherever you get your podcasts. AND you can buy Reading Women Award seals over in our store for just $1 a piece—with free shipping!

Have you read All the Names They Used for God and/or Educated? Did you have any other favorites from the shortlists?

message 2: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) Will they work for any 2019 prompts?

message 3: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta | 8 comments Karishma wrote: "Will they work for any 2019 prompts?"

Educated might work for "religion [that is not your own]" - Tara Westover's family are pretty extreme Mormons.
Maybe also "about a woman with a mental illness" - it's been a while since I read it, so I don't remember the exact details, but Tara does discuss mental-health issues she suffered with.

I've not read the other book so can't help with that.

message 4: by Kendra, Co-founder (new)

Kendra Winchester (kdwinchester) | 559 comments Mod
Karishma wrote: "Will they work for any 2019 prompts?"

There's a prompt for the shortlist (#17), so it would work for that. Anjali Sachdeva is also a South Asian author (#15). And Educated includes a lot of discussion about Mormonism (#11). So, several!

message 5: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) Cendaquenta wrote: "Karishma wrote: "Will they work for any 2019 prompts?"

Educated might work for "religion [that is not your own]" - Tara Westover's family are pretty extreme Mormons.
Maybe also "about a woman with..."

K.D. wrote: "Karishma wrote: "Will they work for any 2019 prompts?"

There's a prompt for the shortlist (#17), so it would work for that. Anjali Sachdeva is also a South Asian author (#15). And Educated include..."

Thank you so much !