What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Justice, Inc. (The Avenger #1)
This topic is about Justice, Inc.
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Protagonist's family is killed, his hair turns white, his face is paralyzed, he could change to look like other people. Old pulp series around time of Doc Savage (read around early 1970's). [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Craig (new)

Craig | 12 comments I'm looking for a pulp fiction series. the protagonist's hair was white and his face was paralyzed. He could change to look like other people. I was reading it the same time I was reading Doc Savage and the New Shadow stories.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
When was the series published? A range of years is fine.

message 3: by Craig (new)

Craig | 12 comments I was a teenage reading them. So I was reading early 70's I'm pretty sure I purchased them used so I'm not sure the actual publication date. I'm pretty sure the storyline started with his family getting killed which is why his hair was white.

message 4: by Craig (new)

Craig | 12 comments i'm guessing early 40's

message 5: by Kris (last edited Dec 10, 2018 09:53AM) (new)

Kris | 33485 comments Mod
Craig, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link after the header - on the full desktop website (not the mobile app).

Is this science fiction? How does he change to look like other people - just their faces?

Which members of his family are killed and by whom?

message 6: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 116 comments Was this a series of novels or were they short(er) stories in a monthly magazine?

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments I did a keyword search for pulp fiction, family killed, white hair and paralyzed face and I believe I found the series you're looking for.

Justice, Inc. by Kenneth Robeson The Avenger series

message 8: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 116 comments A series of 48 books is quite a challenge...

message 9: by Craig (new)

Craig | 12 comments That’s it! Justice Inc.

Trying to revisit those books the motivated me to read S a youth.

message 10: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1076 comments You're welcome. Hope you enjoy revisiting them.