Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - Romantic Roses (12)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 271 (271 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 11, 2018 09:48PM) (new)

MountainKat | 21377 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 12 Members:

✓ Captain - Hazel

GillyBean
Lauren
~Melissa~
Sallie(GeorgiaGirl)
Wax

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21377 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by Hazel (last edited Feb 12, 2019 12:07PM) (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments 🌹🌹
Date 1 - B is for Bank - 🌹🌹🌹
Date 2 - A is for Another - 🌹🌹🌹
Date 3 - C is for Colour - 🌹🌹🌹
Date 4 - H is for Holiday - 🌹🌹🌹
Date 5 - E is for Enjoyed - 🌹🌹
Date 6 - L is for Labor
Date 7 - O is for October
Date 8 - R is for Remedy
🌹🌹

message 8: by Hazel (last edited Jan 31, 2019 10:47PM) (new)

message 10: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Hi Everyone lm Hazel from Glasgow Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. I’m looking forward to chatting with you and having some fun with this challenge.

H x

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 138 comments Hi Hazel!
Stupid question - I’m in Australia - what time zone is the EST running off?!
That way I can pop it into my phone!
Can’t wait to start!

Loz! 🤓

message 12: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments 6pm EST is 2300 in my time GMT. I usually type in to google and find the conversions. It would be good if everyone could post their time zone then in one of my tracking posts I can log the info for everyone.

message 13: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Dec 09, 2018 10:56AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1091 comments Hello everyone. Hi Hazel & Lauren...I would love to visit Australia it is on my bucket list & ive been lucky to travel the country of Scotland. Glasgow was one of the last places I visited I love the people & the country. I live in Southeast Illinois. Im in Central time zone. (one hour behind Eastern).

message 14: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Hi Sallie! I’ve been to many parts of USA but not reached Illinois yet. What parts of Scotland did you get to and where in Glasgow did you go?

Anyone any ideas for team names??
I’m rubbish my only idea so far is
no one puts baby on the bookshelf

message 15: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments Hi teamies!! Looking forward to playing with you all. Hazel, Lauren and GillyBean it's nice to meet you. Waves *hi* Sallie and Wax :)

I'm from Northern Illinois about an hour north of Chicago. I'm in CST as well. I work full time in the healthcare field. I have two kids. A son, freshman in college and a daughter, junior in high school.

I'm crap at names but I'll see what I can think of

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 138 comments Howdy!

Ok, I’ve worked out I’m 16 hours ahead! So Saturday 6pm means I start Sunday 10am. (I think)
Haha...

This is my first ever challenge and I’m pretty pumped! I love in Australia down near melbourne in the beach and I love it. Big fan of traveling. Have visited Scotland but didn’t get to stay too long in Glasgow... perfect excuse to go back 😜

So for the team name - what exactly does book boyfriend mean?! Because we could always go for ‘team Mr Darcy’

message 17: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Hi Melissa welcome to the team! Do you know Sallie and Wax from other challenges or do you live near each other? What do you do in the healthcare field? I have a nearly 10 year old son and work in Human Resources.

Lauren I only got into the challenges last year and now I’m hooked - this is my first time as captain so hoping I get it right. I have (sadly) a challenge notebook to keep track of all the books I need to read each month. My husbands best friend moved nearly a year ago to north Melbourne so I think a visit will be on the cards in our future. Book boyfriend can mean anything.

message 18: by Wax (new)

Wax (waxapplelover) | 337 comments Hi team! Hey Melissa!

I live in Texas, which is also CST.

I also love team challenges, as having other people who you are accountable to helps keep me on track. I don't think that one of the assigned tasks involving reading from a teammate's shelves, but I do mostly read MM romance.

No team name ideas, sorry!

message 19: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Hi Wax welcome to the group! I don’t think you need to read from another’s shelf for this challenge.

I’m continuing with my trend of crappy ideas for team names
Love is life
The Girlfriends
Romantic Roses
Team Darcy
No one puts baby on the bookshelf
Boys before toys
The Heartbreakers
The more the merrier
kinky boots

Let me know what you think?

message 20: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean Hiya😊 so I only just found this thread 😳 can you tell it’s my first challenge...🤪
@Lauren, I’m in WA so we’ll be similar times...
Looking forward to the challenge...do we all read the same book or chose from the task of the week and share??

message 21: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Hi Gillybean welcome! Any group name suggestions??

We can all read our own book for each theme as long as it meets the criteria. I’ve got a list of the criteria and a selection of books that meet nearly every one for me so I’m prepared.

Everyone should make sure they set up the group notifications to receive messages. I’m just heading to work so will check in in a few hours x

message 22: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean Hmmm it’s hard to think of team name 🤔 bachelor for each week...’The rose bachelors’?? I like Team Darcy too 😊

message 23: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Dec 10, 2018 06:44AM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments Hazel wrote: "Hi Melissa welcome to the team! Do you know Sallie and Wax from other challenges or do you live near each other? What do you do in the healthcare field? I have a nearly 10 year old son and work in ..."

I know Sallie from team challenges for this group (maybe other groups as well). Wax and I were just together for Christmas MM Bingo and won :)

Your name idea's aren't crap at all. I like in no particular order
Romantic Roses
The Girlfriends
The More the Merrier
Kinky Boots

I thought of a few:

I'll Take Him
A Few Good Men
Why Choose Only One? (or why choose just one?)

message 24: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Ok if no one has any other new ideas why don’t we all say our favourite out of the ones listed then we can vote.

message 25: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments My favourites are
Why choose just one
The more the merrier
Romantic Roses

message 26: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean Romantic roses 👍🏽

message 27: by Wax (new)

Wax (waxapplelover) | 337 comments Romantic roses

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 138 comments I like ‘I’ll take him’ or ‘romantic roses’

message 29: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Melissa you had already mentioned romantic Roses. Sallie you ok with that?

message 30: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21377 comments Everyone's checked in and you are getting close to a name - just about ready to start!

message 31: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments I’m going to register us as Romantic Roses. Not heard back from Sallie.

message 32: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments Hazel wrote: "I’m going to register us as Romantic Roses. Not heard back from Sallie."

Sounds good :)

message 33: by Wax (new)

Wax (waxapplelover) | 337 comments So I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I just wanted to get a sense from all of you whether we plan to really race for the roses. From what I can tell from the rules, there is a potential bonus for the team that reads 4 books the fastest. There's also a bonus for reading more books (8+ books for the week), which means that at least 2 of us will have to read more than one book during the week.

I am fine with either being a laid back team or one that wants to really push each time to get those bonuses. I usually read at least 3-5 books per week, so I can definitely help with the bonus for 8+ books.

message 34: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments I am happy with either as well Wax. Depending on how good the books are I can read 3-4 in a week. If everyone wants to compete then I will definitely be more than happy to try but also happy just to take part in the challenge.

message 35: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean With the holidays coming up I may be able to read two books a week but no promises 😊

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 138 comments Agreed with holidays I should be able to push a little harder. It’s always a lot easier when I’m enjoying the book 😋.
I’m committed to the one a week but will try for more. 🤓

message 37: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments I can usually read 3(ish) books a week depending on what's happening in RL. Thankfully we didn't start last Saturday as State walked in for our annual survey...so I haven't read a lot this week :)

I can commit to 2 books a week and will see if I can find shorter ones that will go quicker!

message 38: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "I can usually read 3(ish) books a week depending on what's happening in RL. Thankfully we didn't start last Saturday as State walked in for our annual survey...so I haven't read a lot this week :)
..."

I’m trying to add additional books now that are short.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1091 comments With the Holidays coming up im good with a couple of books per week. I work all next week but as soon as 4:00pm Friday Dec 21 hits the clock im headed home to Atlanta Georgia for the Christmas Holiday - im heading back to Illinois on the 26th - have to work the 27th then off the 28th for my Granddaughter's 2nd Birthday. A lot of craziness the next couple of weeks.

message 40: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean I forgot to add about my Timezone. I’m in Perth, Western Australia which would put me 3 hours behind Lauren who’s in Melbourne?? I think Melbourne is 3 hours?

message 41: by Wax (new)

Wax (waxapplelover) | 337 comments Alright, it sounds like we're pretty set on at least getting a couple roses per week. Is anyone else doing like what Hazel mentioned and getting a list of books ready? I'm someone who likes to try to do that preparation as well, so I'm following Hazel's lead on that.

message 42: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean So I’ve made a start on my list so good to go for the first 2-3 weeks 👍🏽😊

message 43: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments *whispers* I tend to wing it and wait for the call before I find books. However, when it’s down to the wire - closer to the end of the game then I start planning what I have for the categories left. I’ve found if I do it at the beginning - my reading feels forced which makes for not fun reading. 😊

message 44: by GillyBean (new)

GillyBean I hear you Melissa 😊 I should have mentioned the books on my list are from my to read list which made it a bit easier 👍🏽

message 45: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21377 comments ~Melissa~ wrote: "*whispers* I tend to wing it and wait for the call before I find books. However, when it’s down to the wire - closer to the end of the game then I start planning what I have for the categories left..."

*also whispering* That's how I do it too!

message 46: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Most of the books I have written down are ones I own and still have to read so reduces cost or ones from other challenges.

message 47: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments IMPORTANT INFO
Just a little reminder.

Books must be 90 pages min.
Books must be MPG Romance
When posting your completion, please use this format:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose.

The team captain DOES NOT need to be the one who posts the completion. If you are the 4th reader to complete your book and no other team has already claimed this rose, please post in the Q&A/Announcement thread immediately after posting your completion here.

message 48: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments MountainKat wrote: "~Melissa~ wrote: "*whispers* I tend to wing it and wait for the call before I find books. However, when it’s down to the wire - closer to the end of the game then I start planning what I have for t..."

Sweet! Nice to know I'm not alone, lol 😂

message 49: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1962 comments Date 1 - B is for Bank

message 50: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2323 comments Thanks Melissa x

« previous 1 3 4 5 6