Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - Romance Beauties (2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 12, 2018 10:15AM) (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 2 Members:

✓ Captain - J.C.

Amanda A
Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress
Emelie
rcgilbert
Stefanie

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments Please allow your captain to reserve some tracking posts before commenting.

message 7: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Hi my name is emeli and I come from sweden where i live with my boyfriend and our cat seymour i Read mostly mm and my favourite Things to read is paranormal, menage, and historical
Team name suggestions
Roses of destiny
Rose angels

message 8: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments Hi team! I'm Amanda and I live in South Carolina. I work full time as an accountant and I have a spoiled Yorkie named Bella. My favorite romance subgenres are contemporary and historical, but I enjoy reading most of them. I am terrible at coming up with anything creative for a team name. I will see what I can come up with.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments Hi team. I'm Carmen from New York. I live with my husband, kids and dog. I enjoy reading romance. My favorites are contemporary, erotic (menage,dark,bdsm, and a few others), pnr, the only historical is highlander, yum 😊 I also like romantic suspense/mysteries too.

I'm not good with coming up with names but how about

The Romantics
Romance Beauties

message 10: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments Hi, sorry for my late response. I am Stefanie 36years from Germany. I love all kind of romance books M/F and M/M. I have to travel a lot for business and use the time for reading.

message 11: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments I like The Romance Beauties

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments J.C. I think you put a check mark on the wrong one. LOL

message 13: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments Looking good here. I've seen rcgilbert a PM, hopefully she checks in soon!

message 14: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments I am terribly sorry for my late response..... I am rcgilbert and I live in Hyderabad, India. I am a microbiologist student. I love reading all types of romance books.

message 15: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments I am terribly sorry for my late response..... I am rcgilbert and I live in Hyderabad, India. I am a microbiologist student. I love reading all types of romance books.

message 16: by Amanda A (last edited Dec 12, 2018 07:58AM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments I have not come up with anything creative, but I just noticed that Kat posted this up at the top. "The theme is 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that."

Does anyone have a favorite book boyfriend? The name could be _________'s Beauties or something like that so it relates to the theme.

ETA: In looking at the other team names so far, they don't relate to the theme so maybe this doesn't matter. In that case, I am good with Romance Beauties.

message 17: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments My favourite book Boyfriends are Christian Grey and gideon cross

message 18: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments In which series The Weston Pack Men character is there?

message 19: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments I have too many of them ☺️

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I have too many book boyfriends so it might be hard to pick from. LOL

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I'm good with it 😀

message 22: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments Same here.

message 23: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Same here

message 24: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Reserved

message 25: by Emeli (last edited Dec 21, 2018 10:10AM) (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Reserved
Week 1 bank
The Billionaire's Boyfriend (My Billionaire, #1) by Geoffrey Knight
109 pages Finished 20/12
5/5
Mc cal is a Billionaire

message 26: by Amanda A (last edited Dec 21, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments Completion

Date Task: Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
Book: Easy Love
Pages: 268
How book qualified: Eli is described as wealthy in précis
Date Read: 12/15
Rating: ★★★★

message 27: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Dec 26, 2018 08:33PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments Completion Post: Date #1 ~ Bank

Date Task: Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
Book: The Boss Too
Pages: 176
How book qualified: tagged romance and blurb states Alex is a billionaire.
Date Read: 12/19/18

message 28: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Dec 26, 2018 08:32PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments Completion Post
Book 2

Book: Who's the Boss Now
Pages: 173
How book qualified: tagged romance and blurb states Alex is a billionaire.
Date Read: 12/19/18
Rating: 4 stars

message 29: by Stefanie (last edited Dec 20, 2018 12:54PM) (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments Completion

Date 1 - B ank
Task: Read a book with a wealthy character
Book: For 100 Days
For 100 Days (100 Series, #1) by Lara Adrian
Pages: 375
How the book qualifies: Main character Dominic Bane is a billionaire
Date read: 12/20/18
Rating: 4

message 30: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments .

message 31: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments Date 1 - B
B is for Bank
Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.
You have until Friday, December 21 @ Midnight US EST to post your completion(s).

message 32: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Dec 15, 2018 06:05PM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments Thanks for posting Amanda. Hmm, now I know the task but does the book have to start with one of the letters in bachelor? I guess I'll have to read the rules again. LOL

message 33: by Amanda A (last edited Dec 15, 2018 06:09PM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Thanks for posting Amanda. Hmm, now I know the task but does the book have to start with one of the letters in bachelor? I guess I'll have to read the rules again. LOL"

The book does not have to start with a certain letter. It just has to fit the task and have a romance MPG.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments Amanda A wrote: "☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "Thanks for posting Amanda. Hmm, now I know the task but does the book have to start with one of the letters in bachelor? I guess I'll have to read the..."

Oh ok, thanks ☺

message 35: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments I Will start my first book tonight

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I'll get my book up soon. I thought I had one but nope so I should get done soon.

message 37: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie | 201 comments I should finish my book tonight. I am finally on hollidays, so next week should be easier to find time for reading

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I finished my first book. I should be finished with the next one soon ☺

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I finished 2 books. Do we need more?

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments I can read an extra one just in case ☺

message 41: by Amanda A (last edited Dec 21, 2018 06:41AM) (new)

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 766 comments A book I read yesterday is tagged billionaire and the MC is rich. I will add it to my completion post.

message 42: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments Amanda A wrote: "A book I read yesterday is tagged billionaire and the MC is rich. I will add it to my completion post."

Please do a new completion post for each book, makes tracking easier - thanks!

message 43: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments J.C. wrote: " If you can do this before the new call please do so.. "

Just to clarify, completions posts must be made before Midnight US EST tonight, Friday, not before the next call tomorrow.

message 44: by Amanda A (new)

Book: Heart of Obsidian
Pages: 360
How book qualified: Tagged billionaire two times and MC Kaleb Krycheck is wealthy
Date Read: 12/20
second book for the task

message 45: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments Completion

Date task:- Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe
Book:- The billionaire Boyfriend Trap
Pages:- 137 pages
How it qualifies:- As mentioned in the title
Date read:-
Rate:- 3

message 46: by rcgilbert (new)

rcgilbert  | 14 comments Book:- The Billionaire Boyfriend Trap
Date of completion:- 21/12/2018

message 47: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Dec 22, 2018 06:40PM) (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments I'm going to be more than a little picky here in my comments, just to point out some errors. You did earn three roses, though technically I should have only given two and I'm really stretching it to award that third rose. I'm allowing the posting errors this week, but won't going forward.

The biggest problem was rcgilbert's post: There is no link to the book as required; she did not include the date of completion in her first post that was before the deadline - it was added in a second post after the deadline; and she qualified the book with the title when only the précis or being tagged/shelved was acceptable. I am allowing this because the book was tagged billionaire (I assume, since I am not 100% sure of the book and am going by the link in the captain's tracking post) and I pointed that out to other teams throughout the week, I was not able to do so here because she posted so near the deadline. I will not accept incomplete posts without links and proper qualifications going forward.

Most of the other errors were how the book qualified. Like I said above, I had been correcting errors as I noticed and somehow missed several here. My mistake and I'm sorry! I am just pointing them out for future reference.

J.C. - Your second book, The Billionaire's Virgin, qualified by being tagged. The title doesn't count and it isn't in the précis.

Emelie - Saying the MC is a Billionaire, doesn't tell me how the book qualified. It is included in the précis for this book.

Carmen - Your second book qualifies by being tagged billionaire, it is not included in the précis. Looks like that might just be a copy/paste error.

Stefanie - Like Emelie, just saying the MC is billionaire doesn't tell me how you know that. In your book it is included in the précis.

Sorry to be so Grinch-y about it all, but hopefully it prevents future problems! 🤞🏼😊

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 1792 comments MK both my books in the précis have billionaire romance. It’s in the first sentence

message 49: by Amanda A (new)

Date Task: Read a book in a series longer than a trilogy (at least 4 books).
Book: Swing by Adriana Locke
Pages: 264
How book qualified: Book 2 in the Landry series (5 books)
Date Read: 12/22

message 50: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ wrote: "MK both my books in the précis have billionaire romance. It’s in the first sentence"

My mistake, I was only looking at the part about the book...

« previous 1 3