Booktastic Bookaholics discussion

The Scorpion Rules (Prisoners of Peace, #1)
This topic is about The Scorpion Rules
Book of the Month Archives > December 2018 The Scorpion Rules

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) | 4512 comments Mod
Synopsis:

The world is at peace, said the Utterances. And really, if the odd princess has a hard day, is that too much to ask?

Greta is a duchess and crown princess—and a hostage to peace. This is how the game is played: if you want to rule, you must give one of your children as a hostage. Go to war and your hostage dies.

Greta will be free if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday. Until then she lives in the Precepture school with the daughters and sons of the world’s leaders. Like them, she is taught to obey the machines that control their lives. Like them, she is prepared to die with dignity, if she must. But everything changes when a new hostage arrives. Elián is a boy who refuses to play by the rules, a boy who defies everything Greta has ever been taught. And he opens Greta’s eyes to the brutality of the system they live under—and to her own power.

As Greta and Elián watch their nations tip closer to war, Greta becomes a target in a new kind of game. A game that will end up killing them both—unless she can find a way to break all the rules.

Discussion Questions

1. What do you think of the characters?
a. Is there good character development?
b. Is there one character that you do not like? Why?
c. Which character is your favorite? Why?
2. What did you think of the plot?
a. Is the plot exciting enough for you?
b. Is this one of those types of plots that you cannot get enough of?
3. Did you enjoy the ending?
a. What did you not enjoy about the ending?

Make sure to hide spoilers.

message 2: by Andrea (new) - added it

Sorry this got put up late. I've been reading... a lot... sucked into a book.

Megan (ReadingRover) | 1232 comments Mod
I’ve been wanting to read this for a while now. I hope I can get it in by the end of the month.

Roxanne | 727 comments Mod
I read this one awhile back. I will wait until more people have read it before I comment too much. I remember liking it.

message 5: by Andrea (new) - added it

I'm still currently reading Firstlife by Gena Showalter but I am planning to take this with me to Disney for when we have down time. I am excited to read this. I'm just excited to be reading again lol

I enjoyed Firstlife. I’ve been meaning to read the rest of the series.

message 7: by Andrea (new) - added it

I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to finishing the series.

I’m going to take this out on the library audiobook site as soon as the 1st hits. I’ll get it done in like 2-3 days. I’m excited. I’ve been wanting to read it forever. I ran out of borrows this month lol

message 9: by Andrea (new) - added it

I won't lie this book is amazing. Sucked me in immediately. I'm still finishing the book honestly but it's been one heck of a ride already.

Got my digital credits for the month at the library on hoopla today so I’ll listen to it this week. I can’t wait. Hope everyone had a good new year!

message 11: by Andrea (new) - added it

It's been a week already. Mostly tired.

I finally read this. I finished it last week. I liked it but not nearly as much as I thought I was going to. I thought it was going to have more action. Idk maybe it just wasn’t anything like what I had expected and that’s why I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I should have. I’ll still read the next one to see what happens next.