Mount TBR 2019 discussion

Level 3: Mt. Vancouver (36) > Lianne's Climb Up Mount TBR

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 2 comments I'm gonna be outrageously ambitious in 2019. Normally I participate at the level of Pike's Peak (12 books), and I end up scrambling to read some short books in December to finish, but I've decided I really need to make this more of a priority. My TBR pile is out of control. It's currently at 969 books that I own and haven't read yet (as of December 8, 2018).

I'm a school librarian, and this constant access to library books has made me even more neglectful of my pile. However, I've also increased the number of books I read, now that I work just one, nice job and am not a student. Reading 36 from my pile when I'll probably read over 150 total books next year shouldn't be that hard!!

Wish me luck, and strength. :)

message 2: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Happy reading, and good luck sticking with your goal!

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev | 702 comments Mod
Welcome back for another year of climbing! Good luck!

message 4: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 110 comments Good luck Lianne for 2019! I'm a librarian as well, working in acquisitions academic library, and it's so hard not to be tempted by all the new books coming in. My own pile grows every year, hoping to stem the tide a little one of these days. 😊

Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie (liannelavoie) | 2 comments 1. The Beast Handbook by R.L. Stine The Beast Handbook by R.L. Stine

I've mostly been focusing on whittling down my library pile, but wanted to at least get a start on this challenge, so I read this little book. I've got a second TBR book in progress, too, and a few lined up!