Cannon Harry Potter RP and FF discussion

Deathly Hallows

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 1220 comments Mod
Okay... So I checked Mugglenet this morning, which I do like three times a day. And this morning, there was a section of a Q & A session with the actor who plays Goyle. He announced that at the present time, the plan is to split Deathly Hallows right after the point where Harry, Ron and Hermione were captured by Snatchers.

So... Are you excited about the movie?

message 2: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) I'm very excited for the movie, but I'm still not sure about splitting it in two - sounds like a good way to make a lot of extra money. I'm starting to get use to the idea, but I hope they make it very, very much like the book so that I'm not ticked off at them for splitting it in two without taking advantage of the double amount of time to add more of the book.

message 3: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I totally get what you mean. And from what I've heard, they've only added one scene that is not from the book. I just don't know how much they're going to cut...

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I am also getting used to the idea of them splitting the movie in two. I am actually glad now, because then they can't leave as much out. That is what really bugged me when (like in the 6th movie) they added tons of scenes that were not in the book and had only a couple of scenes that were actually in the book. They had better make this accurate!

message 5: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (last edited Dec 11, 2009 06:41PM) (new)

ESPECIALLY since they're making it longer. I'm REALLY hoping it's not just to make more money.

((Welcome to the group, by the way!))

message 6: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Ra-Ra (Laura) | 941 comments Mod
Yes, welcome! :)

I think, because they're making it into two movies, there is absolutely no excuse for them to divert from the book. I expect nothing but the best from these last two movies.

message 7: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Same here. I still have faith in David Yates, though not so much in Steve Kloves anymore.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Haha, thanks. But just like all of you, i think that now they really set a high standard for the final movie. It will be hard to reach, but they have reached it before.

message 9: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Yes, they have. Out of curiosity, what did you think of the sixth movie?

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I liked it a lot better than the fifth. Mostly just because i saw it with a friend and at the part where he reaches in the water, she screamed and i got to laugh at her forever! :) I really liked how Draco changed in this one, and when Dumbledore died everyone's reactions were kind of cheesy (sorry Dumbledore fans!) haha, but i enjoyed it a lot, and i will probably get the DVD! What did you think of it?

message 11: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I liked it a lot. I liked the humor that was in it, but I liked the darkness as well. I thought it was a well-done movie, even though it could've stuck more to the book. But then, the books and movies are totally separate things.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley True! i forgot about all of the humor in it, that was one of my favorite things, mostly because in the book, Ron and Harry are VERY funny, and in the movie they are all serious. It really bugged me, and i think that they finally found what they were missing

message 13: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

"So, did you and Ginny do it?"
"What?!"
"Did you hide the book?"
"Oh, yeah....."

I really liked the Felix Felicis scene. I think the way they made this movie allowed the actors and actresses to show the entire spectrum of their talents, which I thought was great. They are all really good, and have changed a lot since the goofy kids we saw in the first two movies.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley lol :) I truly do not remember that scene :( darn. I need to get that movie! I was planning on getting it anyway, though :)

message 15: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I don't get mine til Christmas..... :( I don't wanna wait that long LOL.

message 16: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

We watched the sixth Harry Potter in my acting class after we finished our final! I was being a huge dork about it. Someone would ask a simple question like "What the heck is that?" and I'd go off into this long explaination, like this, "Well, it's a Vanishing Cabinet. It's used to transport people from place to place, and there's one in Borgin and Burkes, which is a Dark store in Diagon alley..." and it would just continue from there.

message 17: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

That's awesome, Laura. I would totally do the same thing. I've gotten my grandma to watch the first movie, and I'm trying to get her to watch the rest with me. When we watched the first one, she kept saying stuff like, "I don't get it" or "Why did he just do that?" or "Wait.... What just happened?" And I would pause the movie and explain it to her, so by the time the movie ended I had practically given her all of the parts that were left out, plus a movie commentary.

I have to ask: What did your teacher think of that???

message 18: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

He went into his office, so he didn't hear me haha. But my friends just shook their heads.

I tried to get my grandma to read the books, since she doesn't like movies. She got to the third one and refused to read the rest. She's not into fantasy very much.

message 19: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

My grandma isn't a big reader. I'm trying to get my aunt to read the books, though, because she read Twilight and liked them. And I told her if she liked those, she'd like HP even more.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Haha, my grandma borrows my Harry Potter books :)

message 21: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

My grandma reads all the time, she just likes biographies and historical fiction more.

message 22: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

LOL. None of my grandparents read. My mom, aunt, and sister do, though. Which is cool.

message 23: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Very cool! Pretty much everybody in my family reads, except my mom and stepdad. But they're really busy. So it's understandable.

message 24: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

My stepdad reads sometimes.... Like right now, he's reading this book called Atlas Shrugged. It's over 1000 pages long, and the pages are like pages in the Bible, with the same sort of print. He loves it, though, so he's almost finished.

The longest book I've read, I would guess, is OotP.

message 25: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Umm...yeah, same here. I'm planning on reading Gone With the Wind when I get older, though, so I guess that will win eventually.

And I'm planning on reading Atlas Shrugged eventually. I can't remember the author's name, but I've heard she's really amazing (I think it's a she).

message 26: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Her name is Ayn Rand. Apparently she "predicted" certain things that are happening with the government in the United States right now when she wrote the book fifty years ago.

message 27: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Yeah, her! Really? Cool! (I guess haha.)

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley RUMBLEROAR! lol :)

message 29: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

I added a dystopian book by Rand called Anthem that my English teacher recommended to me.... It seems really interesting.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley cool!

message 31: by Ra-Ra (Laura), Headmistress *RUMBLEROAR!* (new)

Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family showed clips from Deathly Hallows! It looks good!

PageSageRageParker the Mighty (White Chocolate) (theoriginal) | 1080 comments Mod
*shakes head* oh dear.

message 33: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

IT DOES!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait til November 19th!

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley i missed them :( darn!!!! they better be on the internet, does anyone know where to find them?

message 35: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

They should be.... I have a link, hold please..... HERE.

Same stuff from the HBP DVD.

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley noooooo they took it down :(

message 37: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Do you have the Half-Blood Prince DVD???

Otherwise, I can't help you... It seems all of the times it was posted online, W.B. found it and brought up the copyright issue.

message 38: by Ashley (new)

Ashley i do have the half blood prince dvd!!!! i got it for christmas! yay!!!! thank you :)

message 39: by Taylor, Head of Hufflepuff (new)

Yeah, it's on the Special Features. ;)

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley yay!