Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Dec 2018: Wickedly Dangerous > Poll Sugestions for January 2019

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Dec 18, 2018 02:07PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
January's theme is Pirates! Books for next month should be about sailors, buccaneers or privateers, be they on the high seas or in deep space. Make your suggestions for January's pick here (or on the Discord) to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page if possible. This month's selection from the Vaginal Fantasy's Historical Fiction listopia is The Rogue Pirate's Bride.

The poll will go up in about a week and will end December 31st. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Poll FAQ. All suggestions must be over 100 pages long and 100 star ratings on Goodreads.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Blake (deborahblake) Dangerously Fierce, the 3rd book in my Riders trilogy (although it can be read as a stand alone) has pirates, sailors, bar brawls, and a kraken :-)

message 4: by Owlene (new)

Owlene I nominate Frenchman's Creek by Daphne Du Maurier.

message 5: by Victoria (last edited Dec 13, 2018 02:28AM) (new)

Victoria | 31 comments Hi All,

I would like to nominate The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.
The book is about Space Pirates and supposed to be for fans of Firefly.
It’s been on my TBR list for a while now and the third book in the trilogy was just release.

Book Description:
Follow a motley crew on an exciting journey through space—and one adventurous young explorer who discovers the meaning of family in the far reaches of the universe—in this light-hearted debut space opera from a rising sci-fi star.

Rosemary Harper doesn’t expect much when she joins the crew of the aging Wayfarer. While the patched-up ship has seen better days, it offers her a bed, a chance to explore the far-off corners of the galaxy, and most importantly, some distance from her past. An introspective young woman who learned early to keep to herself, she’s never met anyone remotely like the ship’s diverse crew, including Sissix, the exotic reptilian pilot, chatty engineers Kizzy and Jenks who keep the ship running, and Ashby, their noble captain.

Life aboard the Wayfarer is chaotic and crazy—exactly what Rosemary wants. It’s also about to get extremely dangerous when the crew is offered the job of a lifetime. Tunneling wormholes through space to a distant planet is definitely lucrative and will keep them comfortable for years. But risking her life wasn’t part of the plan. In the far reaches of deep space, the tiny Wayfarer crew will confront a host of unexpected mishaps and thrilling adventures that force them to depend on each other. To survive, Rosemary’s got to learn how to rely on this assortment of oddballs—an experience that teaches her about love and trust, and that having a family isn’t necessarily the worst thing in the universe.

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1) by Becky Chambers

message 6: by AB (new)

AB | 34 comments Victoria wrote: "Hi All,

I would like to nominate The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.
The book is about Space Pirates and supposed to be for fans of Firefly.
I..."

I read this book recently, it's really good, but I wouldn't describe them as pirates at all.

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
The poll is now open.

Dangerously Fierce was not included because we are already reading a Deborah Blake for this month.