Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 116,000word Horror/Fantasy Novel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Taylor | 3 comments Wolves and Lambs by Daniel Taylor
Horror/Fantasy 116,000 words
Looking for beta readers for my horror novel.

Connor Lambert is an infantry combat veteran returning home from war. As he struggles to adjust to civilian life and reconnect with his family and friends, he is plagued by surreal nightmares of full moons, hemlock groves, war, and dead friends.

When his high school crush reappears into his life, Connor dares to hope that he can find love and meaning. And then everything is flipped on its head after he is mauled in a savage “bear” attack. Why is he healing so fast? Why is he wanting to attack rival males? Connor doesn’t have any answers. All he knows is that his energy and agility is increasing. That he can hear and smell things he couldn’t before. And he has the confidence and moves to get the girl of his dreams.

And then he finds himself in the bathroom of a bowling alley, sick with pain and hallucinating, changing. All while his loved ones and the innocent people of Harbinger’s Place, USA carry on in their games, unaware that their laughs are about to turn into screams, and howls.

Hello, I have previously had a short story published in Home of the Brave: Somewhere in the Sand, but this is my first attempt at a novel. I think I'm at the point where I’d like a reader’s opinion on story, pacing, length, what scenes or chapters drag and which ones do not, things of that nature, before I think about making any more major changes to the story. Thank you.
You can email me at daniel_loosecannon@yahoo.com I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. I appreciate your time.

This book contains scenes of graphic horror violence, war violence, language, and sex.

-Daniel Taylor

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick | 30 comments What's the word length?

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Taylor | 3 comments Right now it’s about 116,000

message 4: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor Konik (eleanorkonik) | 1 comments What format are you able to provide the file in?

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Taylor | 3 comments It’s in word doc but I’m sure I can do RTF or whatever you need.