New Adult Book Club discussion

Sylvain Reynard
This topic is about Sylvain Reynard
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Sylvain Reynard Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 378 comments Mod
Sylvain Reynard

The amazing Sylvain Reynard who created NY Best Selling
Gabriel's Inferno Series (which has been optioned for film by PassionFix) and The Man in the Black Suit joins us this week to answer all your burning questions.

Fire away your questions below!

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 120 comments Hello SR! I'm excited for the Gabriel's Inferno series film adaptation and hopefully everything will turn out great. My question for you: When is Gabriel Book 4 going to be published? Can you give us a gist what do we need to expect? Is it the final book for the series or we're going to have more?

message 3: by CJ Villacote (new)

CJ Villacote • ceejbookaddict • (cjvillacote) | 52 comments Hi! Can I know what is/are your struggles when writing?

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria Dalmau (ivythebookgeek) | 53 comments My question is what inspired you to write Gabriel's Inferno?

message 5: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What's the most exciting part when you write a series?
Bigs hugs your 😘

message 6: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ | 71 comments How do you come up with the names? I always take a liking to some names but with some I wonder how do you come up with them. What do you do to relax?
Thank you! xo

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenkoo) | 47 comments Hello SR, what do you like to do in your downtime?

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your must-have when you get in writing mode?

message 9: by Siddhi (new)

Siddhi Nigam | 71 comments Hi SR, I'm really looking forward to the movie adaptation and GI book 4. What is your favourite thing while writing this book, did you enjoy revisiting your old characters?

message 10: by Carissa (new)

Carissa | 11 comments What was your hardest or easiest scene to write?

Verna Loves Books (vernalovesbooks) | 38 comments I've never read your books so what's something you could tell me about your writing?

Falling_with_the_leaves | 31 comments I haven’t read your books yet. What authors have inspired you to write? What is your favorite book you have written?

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica (monicasofia) | 11 comments Hey SR what did you want for Christmas and never got? :) Do you have a special time of the year for writing ?

message 14: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments I loved Gabriel's Inferno series, so intense!!! When do we get more about Gabriel, Julia and their family??

message 15: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy | 14 comments Where can I purchase Gabriel's Inferno? I've been searching for it everywhere & can't find it.

message 17: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hello SR! I'm excited for the Gabriel's Inferno series film adaptation and hopefully everything will turn out great. My question for you: When is Gabriel Book 4 going to be published? Can you give ..."

Dear Beatrice, Thanks for your question.
I don't have a release date for Book 4 of The Gabriel Series but the goal is to have it released before the #GabrielsInferno film which is being produced by PassionFlix. It's possible it will be the final book in the series ... .but I thought #GabrielsRedemption would be the final book ... Thanks for reading, SR.

message 18: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Judy wrote: "Where can I purchase Gabriel's Inferno? I've been searching for it everywhere & can't find it."

Dear Judy,
#GabrielsInferno is for sale on Amazon.com in both paperback and ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Gabriels-Infer...
It's also available in the iTunes store and through Barnes and Noble stores and their website. Thanks for reading, SR.

message 19: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Cj wrote: "Hi! Can I know what is/are your struggles when writing?"

Dear CJ,
I think every writer struggles with writer's block from time to time. Over the years, I've developed a couple of strategies to deal with the problem: http://sylvainreynard.com/?s=writer%2...

Thanks for reading, SR

message 20: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Kat J wrote: "

The amazing Sylvain Reynard who created NY Best Selling
Gabriel's Inferno Series (which has been optioned for film by PassionFix) and The Man in the Black Suit j..."

Dear Kat, thank you for inviting me to be part of this great group this week. Happy Holidays to you and your readers, SR

message 21: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Maria wrote: "My question is what inspired you to write Gabriel's Inferno?"

Dear Maria,
Thanks for your question.
One of the primary inspirations was the love story of Dante and Beatrice from the Italian renaissance. Dante's account of the events is in "La Vita Nuova," which you can read online here: https://www.poetryintranslation.com/P...
I was also inspired by Henry Holiday's painting of Dante and Beatrice, which you can view here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_a...

In fact, the Prologue of "Gabriel's Inferno" was inspired directly by the painting.
Thanks for reading, SR.

message 22: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Carolina wrote: "What's the most exciting part when you write a series?
Bigs hugs your 😘"

Dear Carolina,
I enjoy weaving together different strands over the course of a series ... leaving clues for a reader to discover. I enjoy bringing together those strands in surprising ways.
Thanks for reading, SR

message 23: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Steffi wrote: "How do you come up with the names? I always take a liking to some names but with some I wonder how do you come up with them. What do you do to relax?
Thank you! xo"

Dear Steffi,
Many of the names are inspired by the character and his/her history and culture. Sometimes the names are taken from the Bible. I also pay attention to how the name sounds.

To relax, I like to travel ....
Thanks for reading, SR

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Merino (andymerino) | 4 comments Hi!
Dear SR, my question is this:
We already know the music that inspired this amazing Series, those you mentioned through the three books, but What kind of music do you listen to while you're writting?
Thank you so much!

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments ¿Que destacarias de Acacia?

message 26: by Amber (new)

Amber Tillman (amberdtillman) | 4 comments I know you are currently working on book 4 of the Inferno series, and I seriously can’t wait. My question is have you considered writing a book for Paul? A spin off of sorts.

message 27: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Karen wrote: "Hello SR, what do you like to do in your downtime?"

Hello Karen,

I like to travel. I like film and film festivals.
Thanks for reading,
SR

message 28: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Cassie wrote: "What is your must-have when you get in writing mode?"

Dear Cassie,

I like coffee and so I enjoy writing with coffee. But I like natural light and so my ideal environment is one where I have a window.

Thanks for reading,
SR

message 29: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Siddhi wrote: "Hi SR, I'm really looking forward to the movie adaptation and GI book 4. What is your favourite thing while writing this book, did you enjoy revisiting your old characters?"

Dear Siddhi,
Thanks for your question and thanks for your kind words.

I've been enjoying the characters and the change to spend time with then again. And there will be some travel in this novel as well, and I always enjoy writing about special locations.
Thanks for reading, SR

message 30: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Goncalves (marilyngoncalves) | 6 comments Hello, are you going to be doing book tour/signings in the Central Florida USA area in 2019? Can't wait for #4 in the Inferno Series.

message 31: by Mj (new)

Mj Emerson | 1 comments Hi, SR. After reading the last teaser you shared I wonder how do you choose the teasers you share with your readers? Are they selected randomly? Or you could say they "speak to you"?

message 32: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Carissa wrote: "What was your hardest or easiest scene to write?"

Hello Carissa,
Thanks for reading.

There's a scene in "Gabriel's Inferno" in which Gabriel confesses his past to Julia. I found that scene difficult to write.

There's also a scene in "The Roman," which is the last book in "The Florentine Series," which was also very difficult to write. I don't want to say more than that because it will spoil the stories for readers but if you've read those novels I think it would be clear which scenes they are ...

Thank you for reading, SR

message 33: by Febie Ann (new)

Febie Ann (febieann) | 11 comments Hi SR! What is your all-time favorite book?

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kpartridge) | 14 comments Who was your hardest character to portray?

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 733 comments Hi! What are you working on now?

message 36: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Verna Loves Books wrote: "I've never read your books so what's something you could tell me about your writing?"

Hello Verna,
Thanks for your question and for coming over to say hello.

"Gabriel's Inferno" was my first novel and it's the story of a professor and a graduate student that share a mysterious connection. It's based on the true story of Dante and Beatrice and includes many references to art and music, as well as travel to the beautiful city of Florence, Italy.

I'm very interested in art and art history and so that plays a role in all of my novels.
Happy Holidays and thank you again for saving hello,
SR

message 37: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Brandilyn wrote: "I haven’t read your books yet. What authors have inspired you to write? What is your favorite book you have written?"

Hello Brandilyn,
Thank you for taking the time to ask a question and to say hello.

I like novels that take me on a journey. Although I was late to read Deb Harkness' "All Souls Trilogy" it's a favourite collection of mine.

My first book, "Gabriel's Inferno" is one of my favourite books although I find it difficult to choose. But it's set against the backdrop of Toronto, my hometown, and so for that reason and a few others it's one of my favourites.
Happy Holidays and thanks for saying hello, SR

message 38: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Monica wrote: "Hey SR what did you want for Christmas and never got? :) Do you have a special time of the year for writing ?"

Hello Monica,
Thanks for your question. I write all year although I do take holidays, especially around Christmas.
I can't think of a specific thing I asked for for Christmas but didn't receive but I'm sure there were several... if it comes to mind, I'll edit my answer here but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
Happy Holidays, SR

message 39: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "I loved Gabriel's Inferno series, so intense!!! When do we get more about Gabriel, Julia and their family??"

Hello MiDouradoP,
Thank you for your question.
I'm writing the fourth book in the series now and if you go over to my twitter account @sylvainreynard you'll see that I post teasers and edits of teasers designed by readers. I don't have a release date yet but the novel should be released before the "Gabriel's Inferno" film is released by PassionFlix.
Happy Holidays, SR

message 40: by Sylvain (last edited Dec 11, 2018 05:05AM) (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments J. wrote: "If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Hello J,

I'd like to be Dante. He lived a fascinating life and knew a lot of interesting people in Renaissance Florence.
Happy Holidays, SR.

message 41: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Marilyn wrote: "Hello, are you going to be doing book tour/signings in the Central Florida USA area in 2019? Can't wait for #4 in the Inferno Series."

Hello Marilyn,
Thanks for your question and your kind words. I don't have any book tours scheduled at the moment. But I believe I will be signing copies of Book 4 in the Gabriel Series once it's released.
Happy Holidays and thanks for your support, SR

message 42: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Andrea wrote: "Hi!
Dear SR, my question is this:
We already know the music that inspired this amazing Series, those you mentioned through the three books, but What kind of music do you listen to while you're wr..."

Dear Andrea,
I enjoy listening to jazz but I can't listen to music when I write. For some reason, any noise or music interferes with my ability to hear the dialogue, etc. So I have to be cloistered in silence.
Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays, SR

message 43: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Laura wrote: "¿Que destacarias de Acacia?"

Hola Laura,
Muchas gracias por tu pregunta. Acacia es inteligente, creativa y apasionada. Ella también es misteriosa y secreta.
Feliz Navidad y gracias por leer,
SR

message 44: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Amber wrote: "I know you are currently working on book 4 of the Inferno series, and I seriously can’t wait. My question is have you considered writing a book for Paul? A spin off of sorts."

Hello Amber,
Yes. In fact, I have an outline of a novel for Paul. I don't know when I'll write it but I have an outline.
Thanks for reading and for your kind words, SR

message 45: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Mj wrote: "Hi, SR. After reading the last teaser you shared I wonder how do you choose the teasers you share with your readers? Are they selected randomly? Or you could say they "speak to you"?"

Hi MJ,
Thanks for your question. I try not to include spoilers in my teasers and so I have to be careful what I include. And sometimes a teaser ends up edited and changed ...
But I try to choose something that readers will enjoy.
All the best and thanks again, SR

message 46: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Febie Ann wrote: "Hi SR! What is your all-time favorite book?"

Hello Febie Ann,

I really enjoyed Deb Harkness' "All Souls Trilogy," particularly the second book. She did an incredible job with it. I highly recommend it.
All the best and thanks for reading, SR

message 47: by Jan (new)

Jan (janwade) | 2 comments Any news on when the roles of Gabriel and Julia will be cast?

message 48: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments K. wrote: "Who was your hardest character to portray?"

Hello K,

I found Professor Pain (from Gabriel's Inferno) difficult to write. It was a challenge to inhabit her mind and consider what she would say, how she would act, etc.

Thanks for your question and Happy Holidays, SR

message 49: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi! What are you working on now?"

Hello Nicole,

At the moment, I'm writing the fourth book in The Gabriel Series. I'm also gearing up to help with the "Gabriel's Inferno" film by being involved with the script, casting, etc. Filming is supposed to begin on location in Toronto and Italy in the fall of 2019. So there is a lot to do before then ....

After I finish the fourth book, I'm not sure what I will write next. But readers have been asking for a follow up to the standalone "The Man in the Black Suit," so its possible I'll write that next.

message 50: by Sylvain (new)

Sylvain Reynard (sylvainreynard) | 74 comments Jan wrote: "Any news on when the roles of Gabriel and Julia will be cast?"

Hello Jan,
Thanks for your question. We should be moving into casting soon, but only after the script is finalized. And that will take some time yet.

I will be updating readers on social media and also here: http://sylvainreynard.com/film-series...

So stay tuned...

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.