What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance about small-town sheriff and beautician (does hair). She has a fight with sheriff's ex-girlfriend outside the beauty parlor, whose owner is gay. Sheriff might have brothers?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments I read this book that was about a sheriff and a beautician. I either this year or last year. The few things i remember is that the owner of the beauty parlor is gay. The heroine has a fight with the sheriffs ex-girlfriend and it ends up outside the beauty parlor on the sidewalk. I think the sheriff has brothers but not sure. I don't remember the name or author. I don't know if i read it in paperback or digital.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Gambling on a Heart by Sara Walter Ellwood?

(http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Keywords: sheriff beautician | Subject: relationships | Not juvenile | Fiction | Book | English)

Buffy, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, funny, sad, etc.?

message 3: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments It's a romance between the sheriff and the beautician. Don't remember anything else.

message 4: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments Is it Gambling on a Heart?

message 5: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments No it's not Gambling on a Heart. Looked that book up on Amazon. I've never seen this book before or heard of the author.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Physical book or e-book?

Maybe something by Jill Shalvis?

message 7: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments Like I said in the original paragraph don't remember if it was a paperback or ebook.

message 8: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 170 comments Hopefully someone can help. I'd like to read it too.

message 9: by Monica (new)

Monica (marticles) | 162 comments Crazy on You by Rachel Gibson Crazy on you, Rachel Gibson

Beachside Beginnings A Moonlight Harbor Novel by Sheila Roberts Beachside Beginnings, Sheila Roberts

Love Taker (Nashville Nights, #3) by Erin McCarthy Love Taker by Erin McCarthy

Is it a harlequin type romance? There's also Surprised by a Baby

message 10: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments @Marticles it's none of these but thank you. Totally forgot about it. It was a good book, wish I could remember it.

message 11: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1256 comments Have you checked out this list?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/5...

message 12: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments No but thanks. I just did but it's none of those either. :(

message 13: by Kris (last edited Jul 21, 2020 05:13PM) (new)

Buffy, I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- What's the location (U.S. region, near a well-known city, small town)?
- Did the couple grow up in this location? How did they meet? Love or hate at first sight?

message 14: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments It is in a small town in the US. Don't remember if they grew up there. Don't remember how they met or if it was love at first sight.

message 16: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments Nope. I also scouted out GR books on small town sheriff/ cops. Wasn't in there either. Thanks for the help. Thought about this all night and still can't remember the book.

message 17: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1256 comments Now that I think about it, I believe I read this book. I may be wrong, but I think something happened to the ex-GF's hair and that was what the fight was about. If I remember right the book took place in Texas or Oklahoma. I also think there was several books in the series.

message 18: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited Jul 22, 2020 04:14PM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1256 comments double post.

message 19: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1256 comments I think I found the book I was thinking about. Surprised by a Baby by Mindy Neff.

message 20: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments I've never read that one but it sounds cute.

message 21: by Kris (last edited Jul 22, 2020 06:26PM) (new)

Is the heroine an esthetician/skin care/makeup or a hair stylist?

Is there a murder, mystery, or big case the sheriff is trying to solve?

message 22: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments She does hair. A beautician. No It's not by Kristen Ashley. That Sheriff was married then divorced.

message 23: by Kris (new)

Thanks. Added "divorced" and "does hair" to the topic header. Feel free to edit it.

message 24: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments By adding divorced you completely changed my heading. I would edit it but it won't let me. The guy in the book I'm talking about I don't think was ever married. When I said in my previous statement was a referral to the Kristen Ashley book not pertaining to this book.

message 25: by Kris (new)

Removed "divorced" from the header. If you're using the mobile app or website, Goodreads doesn't let you edit the header (or your comments).

message 26: by Buffy (new)

Buffy Mitchell | 71 comments Thank you. I'm on my kindle that goes directly to Goodreads.