Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Sadie
This topic is about Sadie
Archives > Sadie, by Courtney Summers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ana A (anabana_a) | 476 comments I chose this book for 2018's Week 49: A book from one of the Goodreads Best Books of the Month lists. This is one of the September 2018's best books. It was also a nominee for the 10th Annual Goodreads Choice Awards for best YA. It got 2nd place.

My summary:
Sadie didn't have much of a life--living in a small town without much hope, having a druggie mom, and not having a dad. But there is one thing in her life that made her happy, her little sister Mattie. But when Sadie was 19 and Mattie was 13, Mattie was murdered. Sadie embarks on a personal quest of vengeance, while we also see her journey through the eyes of West McCray, a journalist asked to go looking for Sadie by May Beth Forster, the only other person who cared for the girls.

--

This book was just amazing. I'll most likely refer to Goodreads Best Books of the Month if I feel like I'm in a reading slump.

message 2: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 7028 comments Mod
I just finished this one as a side read and it was SO, SO GOOD. It was one of those books that you could probably fit into a variety of prompts (just from 2019's list, it would fit nominated for an award, criminal character, dual timeline, money making genres, NYPL, multiple perspectives, something new, person's name, non-traditional format, sense of place, GR choice awards, and a journey).

I thought the characterization was wonderful and poignant and intense on this one, and the podcast element definitely makes it stand out among other murder mysteries.

Ana A (anabana_a) | 476 comments Emily wrote: "I just finished this one as a side read and it was SO, SO GOOD. It was one of those books that you could probably fit into a variety of prompts (just from 2019's list, it would fit nominated for an..."

Right?? Ahhhh it's so amazing!

Stephanie | 84 comments This book DOES fit a lot of prompts, I read it for #42 - a book with a monstrous character. I liked this book a lot, didn't love it...the podcast element maybe threw me off a bit? And I was hoping for a bit more of a twist at the end I think. But Sadie was such a well written character.