Play Book Tag discussion

Lady Osbaldestone's Christmas Goose (Lady Osbaldestone's Christmas Chronicles, #1)
Archive: Other Books > Lady Osbaldestone's Christmas Goose by Stephanie Laurens - 5 stars [Fall Flurry]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (last edited Dec 07, 2018 11:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Theresa | 7450 comments *Sigh* This was well nigh a perfect Regency Christmas romance! It had it all - decorating a grand home with holly and ivy, mistletoe kisses, skating parties, carol singing, live village nativity, and young love leading to the alter. There is a map! A cast of characters! And a forward by the author providing useful background to the story opening! O joy! All was delivered with Stephanie Laurens' deft hand drawing memorable characters and liberally sprinkling humor throughout the dramas and mishaps lending excitement to the season.

It is the start of the Christmas season in 1810, and the recently widowed Lady Osbaldestone is settling into the dower house in a small English village. She is one of the grand dames of London's haute ton and someone familiar to all who read Laurens' series as a beloved periphery character. She is expecting to spend Christmas with her daughter's family, but a case of the mumps has 3 of her young grandchildren taking shelter from the contagion with her for the holidays. On top of that, the village's flock of geese have disappeared, threatening to leave the entire village without any Christmas goose to grace each villager's Christmas dinner. While looking for the flock, Lady Osbaldestone and her grandchildren do a little matchmaking as well.

This is the first of a series of Christmas stories in which Laurens gives Lady Osbaldestone center stage. I can't wait for more!

KateNZ | 2505 comments And seven dollars later, I now possess this!Get thee behind me, Theresa 😁

Theresa | 7450 comments KateNZ wrote: "And seven dollars later, I now possess this!Get thee behind me, Theresa 😁"

My work here is done!

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7895 comments Well Theresa, you certainly put me in the Christmas spirit!
"Oh Joy"!!!

message 5: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6217 comments KateNZ wrote: "And seven dollars later, I now possess this!Get thee behind me, Theresa 😁"

Haha! I know that feeling well!

message 6: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6217 comments Booknblues wrote: "KateNZ wrote: "And seven dollars later, I now possess this!Get thee behind me, Theresa 😁"

Haha! I know that feeling well!"

Seriously, this review made me want to get on board the Christmas train, something I have thus far avoided. I'm trying to reach some other goals before the end of the year, already!

message 7: by Theresa (last edited Dec 09, 2018 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Theresa | 7450 comments It has been a long time since I could indulge in my love of Christmas cozies and romances. The last 2 years I was still completing Pop Sugar, Around the Year, and A to Z in titles challenges, not leaving much time. Somehow it all ended earlier so I am indulging big time!

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Aww...this looks super cute!

annapi | 5073 comments You've managed to successfully pimp this series, Theresa!