Cool Cats Club discussion

Hello!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luana (last edited Dec 07, 2018 08:13PM) (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Hello and welcome to the Cool Cats Club!

The goal of this book club is to relax, have fun, read (hopefully) good books. As you read in the description, we will be reading a variety of free Kindle E-Books.

Members will be given about 1 month to complete the book [we can give longer time periods if necessary] and then we will come together and discuss them [though you are free to come and discuss the book any time]. I found a great list of questions I will share in another post.

Once we get enough members, we will conduct a poll to decide what is the next genre and book we will read. Until then, moderators will pick the genre and book.

The purpose of this book club is to have fun. This isn't school work nor is it an academic club. It's a place where people come to share their interest and love for reading. Everyone and anyone is welcome.

Feel free to use this topic to introduce yourselves if you like :)

message 2: by Meera (new)

Meera | 30 comments Mod
Hello Luana! And welcome everyone! We are really excited to start this book club. I can't wait to get reading.

message 3: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Meera wrote: "Hello Luana! And welcome everyone! We are really excited to start this book club. I can't wait to get reading."

Hi Meera!

I'm super excited as well :)

message 4: by Luana (last edited Dec 07, 2018 08:37PM) (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Hi everyone. My name is Luana.

I've always loved reading since I was a little girl. Mystery/suspense is my favorite genre of book though I enjoy reading all kinds of books. I would say horror is my least favorite type of book though I am not opposed to reading it. I read free kindle books and if I am being honest, I don't typically read the current hot/popular books. I find the free Kindle books are really good. I've read some fantastic ones and have found some wonderful authors.

Fun fact about me: I love cats <3 [and in case you are wondering who is that in my display picture, that is the best actress to have ever graced cinema, Sridevi]

message 5: by Meera (new)

Meera | 30 comments Mod
Luana wrote: "Hi everyone. My name is Luana.

I've always loved reading since I was a little girl. Mystery/suspense is my favorite genre of book though I enjoy reading all kinds of books. I would say horror is m..."

Hello Luana! I have always loved to read too. It has always been one of my favorite pastimes. I loved that you put your display picture as Sridevi. I miss her a lot and I don't think Bollywood is the same without her. And cats are adorable :)

message 6: by Meera (new)

Meera | 30 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! My name is Meera. I have also loved to read since I was a little girl. The books that got me hooked on reading were the Jack and Annie Magic Tree house books and the Harry Potter series. My favorite series now include A Song of Ice and Fir, Outlander, and The Hunger Games. But I love reading anything and I love that the kindle offers free books. My favorite genres are fantasy, sci-fi and mystery.

I also love gaming and yoga. I also love animals and have a dog named Priya.

message 7: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Thank you Meera. I miss her so much as well. I still watch and listen to her songs everyday.

The books that made me fall in love with reading were the Goosebumps series and The Babysitter's Club. I also love Nelson DeMille. For the longest time, he was my favorite author, and he still is one of the best in my opinion.

message 8: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy | 12 comments Hello!

I just joined this website because my friend recommended it for me to find great books to read. I am a voracious reader. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series and To Kill A Mockingbird. I joined this club and a few others on here hoping to meet new people and read a lot of good books! I really like the idea of a fun club reading free acccessible books. Money is tight for me and my family, so I do go to the library to rent books. I can't afford to buy books. But getting free e-books for a club is wonderful! Thank you from someone who loves reading but also has limited funds

Cheers!

message 9: by Meera (new)

Meera | 30 comments Mod
Jazzy wrote: "Hello!

I just joined this website because my friend recommended it for me to find great books to read. I am a voracious reader. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series and To Kill A Mockingb..."

Hello Jazzy! Welcome. It is great to have you here.

message 10: by Dva (new)

Dva | 7 comments Hello I am a friend of Meera and that is why I am joining this group because I want to read random free books I haven't heard of ^_^ I really like gaming, overwatch is my favorite, I like anime, manga and kpop also, My favorite book series are The Mortal Instruments and The Hunger Games. Nice to meet you all here and I hope we get more members soon ^_^ Lets get reading!!!

message 11: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy | 12 comments Thank you Meera. I am excited to be here =)

message 12: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Welcome DVA!

message 13: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy | 12 comments Happy New Year everyone! Can't wait to read more books this year :D

message 14: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a great Holiday :)

message 15: by Harry (new)

Harry | 6 comments Hello everyone. Happy New Year.

My name is Harry. I love reading. I like reading all kinds of books spanning all genres and topics.

This book club seems interesting. I don't think I've come across an e-book club before. I like the idea of reading free books. I also like the idea of a fun book club not reading serious stuff

message 16: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Welcome Harry :)

message 17: by Harry (new)

Harry | 6 comments Thank you!

message 18: by Luana (new)

Luana | 34 comments Mod
Hello to all the new members :) Welcome to the Cool Cats Club! We are glad you all decided to join. Drop by and introduce yourself if you like :D

We apologize for being inactive for the past two months. But we will pick a book for April soon!

message 19: by Meera (new)

Meera | 30 comments Mod
Hello new members!! Welcome!! Does anyone have any April suggestions for a free book?

message 20: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy | 12 comments Welcome everyone :)