Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
This topic is about Lover Awakened
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Lover Awakened [5 Jan 2019]

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3530 comments Mod
Buddy read 5th January.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Is anyone reading this with me?
I'll start tomorrow.

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments I will start it with you 😃

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments That's great Choko! 😊
I'm actually looking forward to this one. I find Zsadist intriguiging and his story promises a lot of darkness and healing.

The second book dissapointed me with that utterly unrealistic and eye-rolling end but I'm hoping this one will be much better. There are 2 vampires involved after all so no need of medical miracles. :D

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Hahahaha! Exactly 😃

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Sooo, that possessive thing can be attractive in small doses, but dang, those brothers go from zero to a thousand in second flat! It is interesting to read why Z is the way he is, so let's see how he will deal with Bella now that she has been through all that... Which also reminds me, all Lessers must die!!!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments I just read your post on the other thread and got it confused with this one. :D
But now my romance mood is full on again so I'll start on this.

The possessive part is really sweet in small doses. You're right. But the Over the Top seems a constant with everything in this series.

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Everything is over the top in this series, it seems, but I am OK with it, since the more serious reads get to be too serious and much at times... So one of these a month is no hardship 😃

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments 2 a month lovely. and even like this no hardship at all. :) I'm ok with it too.

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments I do hate the Lessers! Also, I think the author does a great job describing the aftermath of abuse... It is so sad...

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments i feel quite the same. What happened to both of them is heartbreaking but Zsadist's story is making me want to cry. And the description of how he's coping with it is so... Damn!

I'm a little halfway through it and that part with Rehvenge is a bit over the top again. ok A LOT over the top because (view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Hahahaha! I was just thinking that! This one seems even more over the top, but I can't stop reading! I am at Ch. 44 and totally did not expect this! Wow!

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments I was expecting to find Graeme in here, lol... he just liked my rating of the book from 5 years ago...

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments Laura wrote: "I just read your post on the other thread and got it confused with this one. :D
But now my romance mood is full on again so I'll start on this.

The possessive part is really sweet in small doses...."

That'zs prhetty mhuch what I zsaid, when I wazs rhibbing yhou guyzs bhefore yhou zstarted... with all mhy "For truth, my brother" stuff, and the extra Hs & Zs...

The 9 books I read were done in 4 book bursts, with long gaps... and the last time I returned I tried audio... I never read another book after that, even tho I check out reviews of the new ones sometimes...

message 15: by Laura (last edited Jan 11, 2019 02:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments LOL! That was funny! :) But thou are rhight! :D

I get it that the names are special. And I even get the Brother part. But I really don't get why they have to put h even in common words like sehclusion. I mean what's the point in that? And mahman is irritating. Are all the words with extra consonants taken from French? It sort of seems that way.

And I think 2 books a month is the ideal schedule for this series. I don't think I could bear reading 4 of them in a shot the way you did without getting fed up.

Everything considered I loved this. Zsadist's story was a stunner so the over the top moments didn't bother me that much over here.

And again we rate the same. High 5! :D

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments I believe we were right with John. (view spoiler)
And before you guys laugh your head off at my theory - it matches the Over-the-Top tone of our series right?! So I'm perfectly justified in making it. :D
The worst part though, would be for it to be spot on. - a little help here Iain? Just a yes or no please if you don't mind.

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments Laura wrote: "LOL! That was funny! :) But thou are rhight! :D

I get it that the names are special. And I even get the Brother part. But I really don't get why they have to put h even in common words like sehclu..."

every word with an H or Z has a definition in-world, usually to do with vampires... but the extra Hs are annoying, especially when the words basically mean the same as their non-H version, anyway...

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments Laura wrote: "LOL! That was funny! :) But thou are rhight! :D

I get it that the names are special. And I even get the Brother part. But I really don't get why they have to put h even in common words like sehclu..."

I took much longer breaks... it was like a 4 book binge every year or 2...

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments Laura wrote: "I believe we were right with John. He is Darius and I am curious what his choice would have to be for the Virgin that is. The whole blackout while seeing his daughter was a bit ridiculous though.
..."

(view spoiler)

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments OMG! Wellsie, that one just made me so angry and pissed! Why? What is the purpose of that on top of everything???? It is just too much, if you ask me... I will be very interested in seeing why that happened in the future...

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Also, this series is so OTT and unpredictable, we could never laudh at any theory😃

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6215 comments Choko wrote: "Also, this series is so OTT and unpredictable, we could never laudh at any theory😃"

Right thou are, sister mine!! 😁

See you on the 20th for the next book? I'm not sure I'll love Butch's story that much but who knows. :D

Btw - He reminds me of that ferocious but really cute dog from the movie Butch. I loved that one!

Iain - will thou join us for chat brother mine? 😁😁

Choko (chokog) | 5296 comments Hahahaha! I will be here, verily, sister mine! 😊😊😊

Timelord Iain | 15590 comments Laura wrote: "Choko wrote: "Also, this series is so OTT and unpredictable, we could never laudh at any theory😃"

Right thou are, sister mine!! 😁

See you on the 20th for the next book? I'm not sure I'll love But..."

I'll probably be around, when the thread catches my eye :)