What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > teenage girl diary from 80s

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridly) | 7 comments Trying to remember book I read probably in early 80s that was in the form of a teenage girl's diary (Not Diary of a Teenage Girl by Gloeckner). I remember she was starting to become sexually active; I remember a scene where her and her friends were playing some game that involved anonymously putting their faults down on a piece of paper and the girl was horrified by what people wrote about her. That's all I got! Driving me nuts that I can't remember more.

message 2: by Rosa (last edited Dec 07, 2018 03:31PM) (new)

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments Do you remember where it was set?

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 140 comments Maybe Forever . . . by Judy Blume?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 13 comments although unlikely, could it be Go Ask Alice?

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1529 comments Possibly Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great? There is a scene where the girls write "slam books" about each other and everyone is angry about what the other girls said about them.

message 7: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridly) | 7 comments Do not remember where it was set. Not Forever, Go Ask Alice or Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great (although I might be confusing that slam book portion of the book with one I'm trying to remember). All good suggestions though. Wish my memory was giving me more!

message 8: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridly) | 7 comments Rosa wrote: "The Diary Of Trilby Frost?
An American Girl?
Something by Beatrice Sparks?"

Not Diary of Trilby Frost, not by Beatrice Sparks or An American Girl - although I never heard of that book and now I want to read it! It seems like it should be by Beatrice Sparks except I don't think anything tragic happened in it. It really was just coming of age story told in diary form.

message 9: by Karen (last edited Dec 12, 2018 10:50AM) (new)

Karen | 260 comments For some reason I feel compelled to suggest this book.

I'm not sure if the slambook thing happens here. Might also have gotten confused with Sheila the Great.

Marci's Secret Book of Flirting

Apparently it also has a sequel called Marci's Secret Book of Dating I never read.

message 10: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid (gridly) | 7 comments Thanks but no - I looked that up and it is too innocent. The girl who keeps the diary is more sophisticated - I think she sneaks out, hooks up with guys, drinks, etc.

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16961 comments There's Slam Book, but it's from '89, so probably too new.

message 12: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16961 comments Still out there, Ingrid?