Time Travel discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club Discussions > Nominations for January 2019

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 1005 comments Mod
Nominate books we would like to read in January/February 2019 as a group.

I would like to try and go back to nominating books for the current month versus the whole year. The interest in reading the club book seems to lose steam as the year progresses. Maybe the holidays are too busy and we should just skip November and December?

Please nominate a book you would like the group to read in January/February 2019. Books that get seconded will be included in the poll. Please see the list of books we have read before posting your nomination.

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 881 comments Ok, so I took a look at the group's 'to-read' shelves and sorted by 'date added' to see what books that aren't brand-new have we not read yet, and I see The Time Traveler's Wife which I have been wanting to reread. I think it would be fun to discuss in a group, so I'm probably nominating it.

Are we limited to one nomination?

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 881 comments I also see The Zookeeper's Wife. Is there time travel in that book?

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Cheryl wrote: "I also see The Zookeeper's Wife. Is there time travel in that book?"

This is non-fiction. So I don’t think there is time travel involved. Interesting that someone added it to the to-read shelf for the group.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Let’s stick with two nominations per person for now.

message 6: by Nancy (new)

I nominate How to Stop Time.

message 7: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Inmon | 17 comments I haven't been a member that long, and the group has probably read it already, but I would nominate Replay by Ken Grimwood.

If this has already been read by the group, please disregard!

message 8: by Nancy (last edited Dec 07, 2018 08:43PM) (new)

Shawn wrote: "I haven't been a member that long, and the group has probably read it already, but I would nominate Replay by Ken Grimwood.

If this has already been read by the group, please disregard!"

Yep, that was a 2014 group read:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Inmon | 17 comments I figured. Too bad I wasn't in the group at the time - my favorite time travel book and I'm always looking for an excuse to read it again!

message 10: by Nancy (last edited Dec 07, 2018 09:38PM) (new)

Shawn wrote: "I figured. Too bad I wasn't in the group at the time - my favorite time travel book and I'm always looking for an excuse to read it again!"

Feel free to comment in the thread. Old threads never die. There are always buddy reads.

message 11: by Dean (new)

Dean | 155 comments Can I nominate A Time To Change by Callie Langridge if that hasn't been group read before (currently only £1.99 for Kindle on Amazon).

message 12: by Dean (new)

Dean | 155 comments Shawn wrote: "I figured. Too bad I wasn't in the group at the time - my favorite time travel book and I'm always looking for an excuse to read it again!"

You're not alone there. It's my favourite time travel book as well. In fact, not far off being my favourite book full stop!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Macaire | 59 comments I will nominate Split Second
by Douglas E. Richards
Split Second
I haven't read it, so have no idea if it's good or not, but it looks intriguing.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Dean wrote: "Can I nominate A Time To Change by Callie Langridge if that hasn't been group read before (currently only £1.99 for Kindle on Amazon)."

It hasn’t been a group read.

A Time To Change

message 15: by Nancy (new)

We are getting some interesting books nominated!

message 16: by Heather(Gibby) (new)

Heather(Gibby) (heather-gibby) | 426 comments Hi everyone, I haven't been around for a couple of months, life got really busy, but I would like to nominate
An Ocean of Minutes

This was shortlisted for the 2018 Giller Prize, so I am dying to read it.

message 17: by Nancy (new)

Any more nominations?

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 881 comments I confirm my choice of Time Traveler's Wife.

message 19: by Steen (new)

Steen Christensen | 11 comments I'll nominate A Minor Glitch and Codename: Athena

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Here is the poll for January/February:

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.