What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Christmas Story Orphan Fiction; child goes out in a cold snow storm to find a tree. Towns people followed the footprints in the snow.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Juist (annajuist) | 2 comments Hi. I'm looking for a Christmas Story about an orphan that is looking to have a Christmas like he/she used to have, before his/her parents died. The child goes out in a cold snow storm to find a tree. Towns people followed the footprints in the snow.
*Spoiler*
The spirits of parents find the child & take home and have a great Christmas Dinner and lots of presents. The towns people find the child under a pine tree...frozen to death but smiling.

Not really sure if there was one child or two (brother, sister).
I'm thinking this was a German story, since I heard/read it there as a child some 50+ yrs ago.
I remember seeing it in a storybook form on YouTube some 10 yrs ago.
I tried several search engines, with no luck. I am hoping that some for the well read readers here can help me out. Thank you very much.
I'm trying to find it for my grandchildren.
-Anna

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Could it have been a twist on "The Little Match Girl," by Hans Christian Andersen?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lit...

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Juist (annajuist) | 2 comments No...Sorry. I am very familiar with "The Little Match Girl" story. It was not that.
It does have a resemblance to that story. So you may be right it could be a "Twist" of some sort.
But thank you for trying, Tab.