The Writing Desk discussion

1x1 RP > What is RP?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Panic!AtTheWritingDesk (panicatthewritingdesk) | 641 comments Mod
An RP is a role play. I ran across the idea and thought it would be neat for improving writing skills and making friends. Anyhow, you create a character to go along with the theme and then build on to the story (as far as I can tell). So, this ought to be interesting....

message 2: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) So I am a little confused on what RP is. So if I wanted to take part in The Hunger Games RP, I make a character, and then use them in The Hunger Games world? I could be totally off. But I am not sure. Can someone explain?

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Role-play in general is taking on roles of any character other than yourself.

In this group you can request the world, and if anyone else wants to role-play in it then make your character and enjoy. However if there’s already an existing world you want to character for make it once it’s approved you can use that character in that world.

It’s basically like writing a novel, but you’re not in control of the world necessarily more just your character.

Typically role-play can be what is called Cannon, or original characters. And the other one is homemade characters.

Does that help?

message 4: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Yes, thank you!

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) You are very welcome! <3