Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Dystopic/Sci-Fi Work "The Dome"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Layne | 1 comments Looking for 4-5 beta readers for a Young Adult dystopic fiction work.

Word Count: just over 85,000

POV: 1st person

Sex: No sex scenes just a scene or two with kissing

Violence: While violence is not glorified and gore is not described in depth, this is an action packed book. Violence includes, animals attacking other animals, animals attacking people, people physically fighting others, someone being shot, a couple of scenes where someone is being interrogated violently.

Triggers: There is a scene where it is implied that people are drinking adult beverages, a conversation about the after life occurs, faith is discussed, political unrest is present.

Below is a description of the work.

16 year old Tim Narnes has spent his entire life inside the domed city where he was born. He’s been told by teachers, his parents, and other adults that no one can live outside of the dome’s protective glass. However, when a new student arrives at the school Tim attends, Tim starts to think that the teen may live outside of the dome. Tim’s questions lead him on a journey to gather information about the true nature of life both inside and outside of the dome. As a result, Tim discovers that one of the dome’s leaders is attempting to gather complete control of the dome in order to promote a dark agenda. The truth Tim discovers leads him to a hard decision. Can he trust the other leaders in the dome who have withheld truth from those they led for years to deal with this new threat or does Tim have to put his own life in jeopardy in order to save the lives of his family and thousands of others?

If you would be interested in beta reading reply below and I'll pm you.
Thanks

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I would love to read it. Please Pm me