Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

2019 Classic Bingo Challenge > Jehona's 2019 Bingo Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jehona (last edited Dec 12, 2019 04:10PM) (new)

message 2: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9433 comments Mod
Looks to be a great first Bingo Challenge. Good luck and happy reading.

message 3: by Terris (new)

Terris | 2422 comments Nice list! I am also going to read Crime and Punishment this year!
Good luck, and enjoy this challenge :)

message 4: by Jehona (new)

Jehona | 182 comments Katy wrote: "Looks to be a great first Bingo Challenge. Good luck and happy reading."

Thanks! Some of them are not as appropriate as I would have liked them to be, but I tried to include as many books as possible from my other challenges so that I wouldn't end up starting many and finishing none. I tend to do that a lot.

message 5: by Jehona (new)

Jehona | 182 comments Terris wrote: "Nice list! I am also going to read Crime and Punishment this year!
Good luck, and enjoy this challenge :)"

Thanks! I've been wanting to read it at least since high school and I've had a copy of it for some 6 or 7 years. It was about time I committed myself to reading it.

message 6: by Jehona (new)

Jehona | 182 comments I only finished one book so far (Woman at Point Zero), but I wanted to share that because it was a great book. It is only 108 pages so if you have a chance to read it, I recommend that you at least give it a try.

message 7: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9433 comments Mod
Jehona wrote: "I only finished one book so far (Woman at Point Zero), but I wanted to share that because it was a great book. It is only 108 pages so if you have a chance to read it, I recommend that you at least..."

So nice to hear that you enjoyed the book. I'm going to check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

message 8: by Clara (new)

Clara (clarabellecow) | 66 comments Thanks for the tip on Woman at Point Zero! Added it to my TBR pile. There are a lot of books on your list that are totally new to me, so I'll be interested to see what you think about the others as you read them. Cheers!

message 9: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey (korrick) | 2515 comments I'm glad to see both Müller and Saadawi in your Bingo, Jehona. They're two examples of why I'm always on the lookout for interesting looking books by women in translation.