Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Vengeance in Death, by JD Robb (3 stars)(audio)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2504 comments A solid outing from a favourite series. One of the best things about these books is the character development - for instance we get to see a lot more of Sommerset in this episode and Eve’s relationship with him. Ian McNab is a lovely addition to the cast and Peabody’s reaction to him is priceless.

I don’t often tolerate audio books well (I find it hard to concentrate) but I love these - Susan Ericksen is fabulous. She has all the characters so well worked out

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5069 comments I love this series! One day I'd like to listen to the audio just to hear how they do the characters.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7875 comments I have never read this series-found the first book at our library sale last week, grabbed it up and when I can fit it into a challenge it's ready to go!

message 4: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5069 comments Joanne, if you're not impressed with the first few books, don't give up on it - I think after book 4 the character development really picks up, and this is one where the characters slowly percolate and cook over the entire series, not just one book. And it's the characters I love to come back to, especially the secondary ones.

message 5: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2504 comments I agree with Anna - the recurring characters are the point, and it’s great seeing how they develop over time.

message 6: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5069 comments Yeah, I wish I could visit more than twice a year, but most authors only come up with a new book once a year or even less, so I guess I can't complain!

message 7: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2504 comments Hahaha! But think of all the other lovely things you read in between. I have a new episode of Miles Vorkosigan waiting for me :)

message 8: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2504 comments And I am now fortuitously up to #7 - Holiday in Death - which just so happens to fit Flurries beautifully :)