What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s book about bears and jam/jelly?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee Thielman | 4 comments I have a memory of reading a book (late 80s/early 90s), the strongest memory I have is in the middle was a two page spread showing a jam or jelly factory. Like you could follow the jars on the conveyor belt with your finger and some of the jelly was spilled over. I’m pretty sure it was about bears, they were in the country/woods and I think the bad guys steal the jam. It was very colorful and detailed drawing, almost Disney like?

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee Thielman | 4 comments No, it was darker and more detailed than that. I don’t remember there being humans at all.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary | 5 comments This sounds a lot like a Richard Scarry book. He wrote and illustrated lots (and lots) of very detailed picture books with animal characters with descriptions of how things work etc. Many detailed double spreads. Check out something like What Do People Do All Day? and see if that looks familiar. Can't tell you specifically about the jelly facory since I don't have a book here. But I'd bet it was one of his. Time frame works too.

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee Thielman | 4 comments I do love Richard Scarry! My first skateboard had one of his characters on it haha but it was a darker story, I think someone broke in or stole the jelly.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 5 comments OK was this a picture book (like for kids up to age 5 or so) or a book for elementary school kids that also had color pictures? Because most books for little kids wouldn't be "too" dark or upsetting.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee Thielman | 4 comments It wasn’t just a picture book, it had a story to it, I believe the jam was stolen in the book. Or the factory was broken into. I think it was a large hardback cover book. The parts of the story I remember happen at night, hence the darkness I mentioned

message 9: by Kris (last edited Dec 10, 2018 10:01AM) (new)

Kris | 33403 comments Mod
I'd suggest using Worldcat's advanced search. It's turned up a lot of old children's books.

http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch

message 10: by Ann (last edited Aug 09, 2019 10:20AM) (new)

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16178 comments Still looking, Renee?