Queens of the Realm Book Club 2019 discussion

Black Sun Rising (January 2019) > Black Sun Rising (Spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 31 comments Mod
Alright, this is where you can talk all about those twists and turns, who died, what shocked you, what plot points you loved, which you hated. Let it all out here.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie  | 10 comments questions and thoughts on part one of the book "City of Shadows":

I struggled a bit to get a sense of how much time had passed until the big event at the end of this part, anybody have an idea?

What I like about this book is the setting, the world itself, I can easily picture everything in my mind while reading. I also like the "fae-system" and the references to Earth and how in some ways this is also a bit of a SciFi novel.

Other things don't quite work for me, namely (view spoiler)

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather I agree with your thoughts on the character development for sure. I'm now halfway through and I still don't understand why Damien and Ciani fell in love (?? seems entirely one-sided but anyway) so quickly, or why Senzai is so devoted to her? She is a very flat character and then all her personality is removed For Plot which was a poor choice, in my opinion.

I also find that Damien can't decide between not trusting The Hunter because he's a monster or being jealous of him bc he talks to Ciani which I find genuinely funny

message 4: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Heileson | 3 comments Same here. Here's my review:

DNF'd. Started off promising; however, poor character development and an odd premise to "the journey" left the story irreparably weakened.