Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Perilous Hunt (Fallen Empire, #7)
This topic is about Perilous Hunt
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Perilous Hunt [June 2019]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Mar 22, 2019 04:29PM) (new)

Angela | 3517 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 18th June.

Timelord Iain | 14714 comments Rescheduled to June 18th

Timelord Iain | 14714 comments This series is really starting to frustrate me... I started this book this morning, barely...

The author makes token comments from newer characters about how Starseers should mind people's brain privacy, then continues on her merry way with Abellardus doing what Abellardus do...

I'm kinda worried the series is going to end with this "wacky crew" with no boundaries, that supposedly live happily ever after...

I found myself agreeing with the negative reviews of Arkadian Skies, that didn't like how anyone and everyone had excessive opinions about Leonidas' Penis Problem...

I'm not really sure, anymore, if I want to jump directly into another Lindsay Buroker series after we finish this, if it's going to be similar, just in a different genre...

Timelord Iain | 14714 comments I'm over halfway done with the book now, and have been dragging my feet, pausing alot, watching youtube clips...

I think this series has lost alot of it's charm from early on... seems like everything is driving me nuts... now that I'm not engaged, the series feels more like a sitcom than a show/story with progression... so many of their characters are just locked in their role without any growth...

Abellardus is there for his "charming" mind invasions... Micah is constantly on the lookout for a better job... what's her name with the drugs barely fills a role on the ship when she's not drugging people or trying to connect with her Starseer roots... the cook barely appears on-screen anymore, he's there and gone and back to his sauces, usually heard on the comm devices... etc...

If I didn't know we were 1.5 books from the end here, I could imagine this going on forever...

message 5: by Tammie (last edited Jun 26, 2019 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3838 comments I agree with you about everything you said. Overall I'm disappointed in how this series has gone. I do wamt to finish it though. I haven't started this one yet. I've been really busy getting my house ready to put on the market this month. I should get to this one next week though.