Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Relic of Sorrows (Fallen Empire, #4)
This topic is about Relic of Sorrows
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Relic of Sorrows [May 2019]

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Mar 22, 2019 04:27PM) (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy read 4th May.

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Rescheduled to May 4th

Tammie | 4107 comments I started this last night. It looks like I'm not the only one that is behind on buddy reads.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1338 comments I’ve just about given up on buddy reads 😕

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Yea... even with my very light Buddy Read schedule the last couple months, I get sidetracked easily with binge reads...

I'm not too worried about this series... if I fall a bit behind, I can just chain it back-to-back with the next one, I figure... they're so episodic :)

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Yea... even with my very light Buddy Read schedule the last couple months, I get sidetracked easily with binge reads...

I'm not too worried about this series... if I fall a bit behind, I can just ..."

Yes that's true!

Tammie | 4107 comments Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "I’ve just about given up on buddy reads 😕"

Sorry Melissa.

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments I was led to the Gaslight Mystery series by Veronica this week, and I'm starting book 5 right now... I commented on your 3rd book review a few days ago actually...

This year is proving to be a year of mysteries more than anything else... if you add together my contemporary mysteries/thrillers and my historicals, anyway...

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Reading now... I dunno how the crew keeps surviving these crazy underdog situations...

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Reading now... I dunno how the crew keeps surviving these crazy underdog situations..."

I know, right?

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "I was led to the Gaslight Mystery series by Veronica this week, and I'm starting book 5 right now... I commented on your 3rd book review a few days ago actually...

This year is proving to be a yea..."

Oh yes I see you did. Thanks for the comment! Book 5 already? I guess that means you like them.

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Tammie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "I was led to the Gaslight Mystery series by Veronica this week, and I'm starting book 5 right now... I commented on your 3rd book review a few days ago actually...

This year ..."

Actually book 7 now... I binged the hell out of them this week... no work to distract me, 2 books a day... then Veronica told me the narrator changes and ruins it at book 9, so I'm winding down... planning to try Inspector Thomas Pitt & William Monk soon... they have good narrators for awhile...

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Tammie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "Reading now... I dunno how the crew keeps surviving these crazy underdog situations..."

I know, right?"

Nearing the end now, and this book lulls us into complacency after the previous 3 books... it's really more like 2 books of episodic encounters this time around... first the (view spoiler), then the (view spoiler) (then the (view spoiler))

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "I was led to the Gaslight Mystery series by Veronica this week, and I'm starting book 5 right now... I commented on your 3rd book review a few days ago actually..."

That's a bummer. I've never listened to the audio books. I love both the Pitt and Monk mysteries. I started reading those back in the 90s and read all the way up until a few years ago. I'm now behind on those. I got bored and needed a break.

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments Tammie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Timelord Iain wrote: "I was led to the Gaslight Mystery series by Veronica this week, and I'm starting book 5 right now... I commented on your 3rd book review a..."

Yea... it seems like an unfixable problem, because what happened is they found a narrator around book 9 and she's been narrating the series for 11 years now... but in 2015 they hired someone else to go back and do the first 8 books, better... the audible reviews of book 9 are hilarious, as a result, since people assume they replaced the better narrator with an inferior one... one review says the old narrator should have listened to the new narrator when developing her voices...

I understand getting tired of series... I feel that way about In Death, for the most part, after nearly 50 books...

Choko (chokog) | 6716 comments Starting tonight. I really like this series 😊

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments This one has some meaningful development on the relationship front, finally...

message 18: by Tammie (last edited May 09, 2019 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "This one has some meaningful development on the relationship front, finally..."

Yes, I was very glad we finally got to that. (view spoiler)

message 19: by Tammie (last edited May 11, 2019 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments I finished this a couple of days ago and forgot to add what I thought.

(view spoiler)

Timelord Iain | 16601 comments The series is really lacking in crew cohesion... the characters that get along (Micah and the hippy half-starseer) get the least page time... probably the least accurate aspect of my Firefly reference in the first book thread...

Tammie | 4107 comments Timelord Iain wrote: "The series is really lacking in crew cohesion... the characters that get along (Micah and the hippy half-starseer) get the least page time... probably the least accurate aspect of my Firefly refere..."

Agreed, but I'm hoping that is going to change.